Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Purpose: The primary purpose of this function is to ensure proper management of the company’s fleet, drivers and the mechanics.
Duties and responsibilities
- Documenting Standard Operating procedures to guide and standardize operations of the department
- Supervising mechanics and drivers including appraising their performance on a quarterly basis
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the vehicles
- Preparation of route plans in liaison with the dispatch coordinator
- Tracking movement of vehicles to ensure they follow the agreed routes
- Purchasing and maintaining proper consumption and inventory records for spare parts and fuel
- Timely requisition and issuance of per diems for the drivers
- Ensuring all vehicles are in good condition and have all the required legal stickers
- Ensuring the department running costs are within the provided budget limits
- Degree In Logistics and Supply Chain or any other related field
- Minimum K.C.S.E Grade C Minus
- 4 Years relevant experience
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in computer packages especially Excel and Word is a must
- Good analytical skills
- Leadership skills