Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
United States International University-Africa, situated in Nairobi, Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with more than 7000 students from 74 nations, and a global network of more than 19,000 alumni. Only USIU-Africa’s 25 degree programs have local and American accreditation in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- USIU-Africa has neither appointed any agent(s) to recruit, nor collects any charges/fees on its behalf, for any vacancies it has announced. All University communication to potential candidates is specifically through the following email address: email@example.com.
- The applicant should kindly indicate on the subject line (in case of email), whichever position he/she has applied for.
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer. (^)
|Job title: Internal Auditor||Reports to: Chief Internal Auditor|
|Direct Reports: None||Division: Vice Chancellor|
|Indirect Reports: None||Department: Internal Audit|
|Contract Duration: 1 Year renewable|
Reporting to the Chief Internal Auditor, the internal auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the total internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor in risk assessment and annual audit planning.
- Assist in expeditiously executing the approved audit plan activities, as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor and preparing reports to highlight areas for improvement on internal controls.
- Assist in assessing organization’s information security practices and recommend as appropriate, enhancements to, or implementation of, new controls and safeguards.
- Conduct periodic audits of computer systems and make post-installation evaluations of data processing systems.
- Assist in implementing appropriate follow up mechanisms to ensure that agreed audit recommendations are implemented by management.
- Assist the Chief Internal Auditor in managing the day to day administration of the audit function in the university, preparation of departmental budgets and in the improvement of departmental processes.
- Upper Second Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or Information Technology
- CISA, or IMIS Diploma and CPA or ACCA qualifications
- At least 2 years working experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of the audit cycle
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of auditing commercial ERPs
Personal Attributes & Competencies Confidentiality and integrity; Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; Relationship builder & effective negotiator; Good Communication skills; Self motivated Attention to detail; Adaptability and reliability.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya