Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
|Job title: Transport Supervisor||Reports to: Director Operations|
|Direct Reports: Driver (s)||Division: Administration|
|Indirect Reports:||Department: Transport|
Reporting to the Director Operations, the transport supervisor will be in charge of USIU-Africa’s fleet. The transport supervisor will coordinate all USIU-A vehicles and ensure that all of them are operational.
- Allocate fuel cards to drivers and monitor fuel consumption – keep clear records on utilization of fuel and other lubricants.
- Allocate transport to those who request.
- Ensure all vehicles have valid work tickets.
- Ensure insurance covers and vehicle inspection are procured and done on time.
- Allocate, monitor and oversee all the responsibilities assigned to drivers.
- Plan and organize for repair and maintenance of vehicles as per manufacturer’s manual.
- Ensure vehicles are serviced as required before they undertake any journey.
- Ensure the requirements of safety, health and work environment are maintained.
- Carry out performance appraisal of all staff in the transport section.
- Gauge the transportation requirements of the University.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Fleet Management / Motor-vehicle Engineering. A Bachelor’s degree in any key logistics area will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Served for a minimum of 3 years as Transport Supervisor or at a senior level.
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Personal Attributes & Competencies
- Confidentiality and integrity;
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Relationship builder & effective negotiator;
- Good Communication skills;
- Self motivated
- Attention to detail;
- Adaptability and reliability.
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
United States International University – Africa
P.O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya