Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Aga Khan University
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, Nursing Division, the Infection Prevention and Control Officer will support the activities of the infection prevention and control program in the hospital through systematic analysis of health data, develop standard guidelines on infection control and investigate and report infection control problems.
- Systematically collects analyzes and interprets health data in order to plan, implement, evaluate and disseminate appropriate health practices.
- Investigates infection control problems/outbreaks and arrange follow-up care for patients exposed to infectious diseases.
- Takes lead in development of policies and guidelines to guide infection control practices
- Trains healthcare staff through instruction and dissemination of infection control practices and ensures a safe environment to patients, visitors and staff.
- Ensures availability of supplies/equipment needed to prevent infections
- Preparing monthly statistical report for presentation on behalf of infection control committee.
- Collaborates with Employee Health Officer to ensure employee vaccinations are up to date
- Work with all staff in clinical and non-clinical areas to ensure infection control practices, guidelines and data e.g. in waste management, housekeeping, food services, sterilization amongst others is monitored and followed to best practice
Applicants should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Epidemiology or other related field from a recognized Institution. The incumbent should have a minimum of five (5) years’ work experience in an acute care setting. S/he should be a registered with the relevant professional body.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the Manager, Recruitment, Aga Khan University Hospital, Nairobi. P. O. Box 30270-00100, NAIROBI or by email to email@example.com. Applications by email are preferred.
Please indicate the title of the position on your application.
Applications should be submitted latest by November 29, 2019