Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Summary: Our rapidly growing company is looking for an experienced account clerk to keep up-to-date account records and oversee smooth transactions with clients.
The successful candidate will have great communication skills and a strong quantitative background, along with a proven track record of successfully handling accounts.
The ideal candidate should be a team player, enjoy working with a variety of clients, and have knowledge of basic accounting functions.
We also value those who are ready to learn and adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
Applicants must be domiciled in Mombasa or willing to work in Mombasa
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and process payments, invoices, employee reimbursements, bills, and other accounting information.
- Batch and prepare payments, payroll, or other outgoing financial data.
- Completing purchase orders
- Preparing payroll
- Performing reconciliations of accounts
- Maintain and update general ledger and sales journal.
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Preparing profit and loss accounts sheets
- Preparing VAT returns.
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
Knowledge and Skills:
1) Solid knowledge of accounts payable; billing; budgets; payroll and taxes
2) Have an eye for detail and accuracy.
3) Good computer skills: MS Word, Excel, QuickBooks,
4) Mastery over numbers and being quick with numerical calculations.
5) Knowledge of salaries, wages and bonuses of different categories for employees of the organization.
6) Have a high level of integrity, as they will know about the earnings of many employees; confidentiality.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
1) Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business related field.
2) 2-4 years of experience in accounting (accounts payable/payroll).
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV to email@example.com before end of day 2 December 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted