Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The VCGM Business Banking is responsible for:
Segment Proposition Develop embed and communicate the overall segment proposition for Business Banking.
- Develop, embed and communicate the overall segment proposition for Business Banking.
- Analyze evolving client needs and track the competition, as inputs to guide the segment strategy.
- Give country/ region inputs for the development of a standardized client value proposition, and oversee the roll out of the same
- Work closely with the BB Product team to ensure that the product agenda is fully aligned with the evolving market needs and with the client value proposition
- Give country/region inputs for development of product/ service bundles, with a view to aid client deepening and cross-sell across segments
- Ensure that our BB proposition is in synch with the evolving changes in the Digital space
- Coordinate the pricing strategy across products for the segment, to maximize returns and value to the client. Responsible for ensuring that the business meets the laid down return hurdles
- Work closely with Brand & Marketing to ensure that we build a strong positioning in each country as a bank for Businesses. Conceptualize Business Client-focused campaigns and ensure execution of the same.
- Work with Credit and Product to define the overall credit appetite for the country/ region
- Own the service quality and client satisfaction agenda for the segment
Develop and install best-in-class practices for delivering the segment proposition to our chosen clients and prospects
- Install a robust Prospect selection discipline, to better focus the client acquisition activities of the frontline. This includes identification of right data-sources, prospect identification from internal sources (supply chains etc), prospect filtering, prospect database management and circulation.
- Ensure effective usage of the front-end CRM system
- Develop Portfolio Management tools and practices for the high-value as well as the low value part of the portfolio, to meet the objectives of right level of client contact, wallet deepening, and client retention.
- Develop and install standard sales and client management practices suited to this segment
- Work closely with the analytics team to develop a standardized tool-kit for cross-sell, deepening, attrition management and NTB gating
- Own the digital strategy for the segment, including digital on-boarding, online banking strategy, B2B & B2C Marketplaces and other digital alliances
- Own the event-based marketing agenda as a client acquisition and deepening tool
- Ensure cross-sell across other segments, including Priority/ Private / Commercial. Ensure seamless transition of clients to/from Commercial Clients segments based on their changing needs
Sales & Service Management
Achieve Business Clients’ segment target growth of Revenues, Assets, Liabilities & profits
- Ensure that the sales and distribution strategy is aligned with the Group model
- Agree on sales focus and allocation of sales target to sales channels in Retail Banking
- Directly manage the performance of any channels within the Segment, and work closely with other Channels to meet the sales productivity, balance sheet and income targets for the business
- Ensure that the sales scorecards for all channels are aligned with the BB strategy. Lead the development and delivery of appropriate training content to the BB segment/ channel staff
- Ensure appropriate marketing campaigns / contests/ initiatives are launched to aid sales efforts
- Liaise with delivery channels and operational areas to ensure quality services to customers in the segment.
- Ensure effective and efficient operations without sacrifice on control and service quality. Continually look at opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure that effective arrangements are in place within Business Banking Segment and in the Channels for the prevention of money laundering and to protect the business against other operational risks (Sanctions, reputational risk, miss-selling risk, environmental risk , TCF, etc) in line with the Group Policy and Standards, Regulatory Guidelines and Local Legal requirements.
Risk Management & Governance
- Ensure there is a framework for effective management of Principal Risks in BB and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations across the region
- Responsible for embedding of Enterprise Risk Management Framework in the country, ensuring appropriate focus on High and Very High risks
- Act to minimise business loss and audit failures ensuring appropriate focus on issues and resolutions.
- Responsible, as a member of the RB Management Team, for:
- Maintaining a strong and appropriate control environment for BB in the country.
- Restricting business in the country if existing infrastructure and processes, capacity or capability are not fit to execute business within risk tolerance, regulatory standards or growth aspirations
- Accountable to own regulatory audit / inspections in the country.
- Embedding a Sales Governance Culture –
- Ensure adherence to DSR Management and Risk Policy if applicable
- Sanction of annual plans and strategic direction
- Annual reviews of plans and self-certification
- Ensure standards are in place to minimize mis-selling, customer complaints by channel and DSRs.
People & Talent
- Champion and act as a role model of the Group’s values and culture in the region
- Create a culture of operational and service excellence across the region
- Set the appropriate tone and expectations for the team
- Employ, engage, and retain high performance people, to maximise the success of design and delivery with succession planning for critical roles
- Ensure team structure/capacity is reviewed to enable delivery of client outcomes
- Ensure the provision of on-going training & development, ensure that direct reports are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles and that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risk
- Create a motivational and challenging environment for staff which is conducive to creativity and performance with client-centricity in mind
- Set effective metrics and standards, transparently communicating these to team members, providing feedback and rewarding employees accordingly
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct
- Lead the RB Operations organisation to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcome for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Head Retail Banking
- Retail Banking Management Team
- Functional Partners for BB in the country including Risk, Compliance, HR, Finance, Legal, Audit, Regulatory Affairs, etc.
- Banking Associations and industry partners
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.