Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Closing Date for Application: 7th December 2019
Apply to: Executive Chef Through Human Resources
1 Aim of the role
As the head of a section, your major role will be to ensure food preparation, storage, and excellent service delivery is timeously executed.
Outline of Responsibilities:
1. Preparing, cooking and presenting dishes within your speciality.
2. Helping the sous chef and head chef to develop new dishes and menus.
3. Managing and training any demi-chef de parties or commis working with you.
4. On the guidance of the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef, ensure to hold daily meetings with restaurant and banqueting managers to ensure that operations and information is passed smoothly and ensure that VIPs are timeously identified and any special arrangements properly communicated
5. Ensure that all required stock takes are conducted in line with audit requirements
6. Ensure that all equipment is used, stored and maintained in line with operating procedures
7. Ensure that all areas under your control satisfy the most stringent hygiene requirements and that staff who are injured receive correct treatment and/or are not allowed to work
8. Contribute to and support the “Wow” programme
9. Ensure that all food, beverage and vending is presented in line with hygiene requirements and to the highest standard at all times
10. Ensure that every guest receives exceptional service at all times
11. Monitoring portion and waste control to maintain profit margins
12. Observe the City Lodge Hotel published Leadership Drivers
13. Attends all training sessions as scheduled.
Replacement and Temporary Mission
14. May be assigned to perform reliever duties when colleagues are off duty.
2 Basic Conditions and Benefits of Employment:
These are in line with normal company policies and practices, specific details will be communicated to an applicant should he/she qualify to be interviewed.
3 Line of Reporting and Communication:
3.1 Responsible To Executive Chef
3.3 In Communication With All other hotel departments
4 Education, Training and Experience Requirements:
4.1 Level Of Literacy Must be able to read and write in English & Kiswahili
4.2 Level Of Numeracy Moderate numeracy skills
4.3 Level Of Communication Skills Must be in possession of good communication skills
4.4 Level Of Formal/Professional Education & or Training Certificate or a diploma in food production
4.5 Level Experience At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role
If you have the specified attributes and wish to be considered for the position, please send a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and testimonials accompanied by a letter which sets out your interest in the post, and your suitability for it to: FHR@clhg.com