The Administrative & Information Management Assistant works under the direct supervision of the EcoSec Coordinator and is primarily responsible for the management of the program statistical data and formulation of the monthly statistical reports using the internal tools provided.
Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ADMINISTRATIVE & INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
(ECONOMIC SECURITY DEPARTMENT)
RE – ADVERTISEMENT
About the Job
The Administrative & Information Management Assistant works under the direct supervision of the EcoSec Coordinator and is primarily responsible for the management of the program statistical data and formulation of the monthly statistical reports using the internal tools provided. He/she applies and complies with the internal administrative and information management procedures related to this job.
This position is based in Nairobi.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Acts as a focal person for and independently manages the EcoSec Program Management Tool (EPMT) for Somalia
· Compiles and updates the statistical data from the field concerning all EcoSec interventions on a monthly basis
· Ensures that the field statistical data is submitted on timely basis and through the established tools and procedures
· Maintains regular exchange with EcoSec Project/program Managers and Field Officer on the monthly statistical reporting and provides technical support in this regard as required
· Provides recommendation on necessary adjustments of the tools for statistical reporting
· Maintains regular exchange with other team members concerning day-to-day use of EPMT application and supports/guides the users through the e-learning system
· Liaises with the Geographic Information System (GIS) team on the production of program maps based on the team’s monthly/quarterly/annual statistical updates
· Facilitates the organization of internal and external meetings, writes and circulates meeting minutes, and ensures follow-up on highlighted issues
· Manages the filing of electronic documents and physical records of as per the internal procedures and ensures that the files are timely updated and available when required
· Contributes the budgeting process by providing statistical updates on EcoSec interventions and overall program
· Prepares and delivers presentations on internal reporting and program progress
- Keeps track and updates EcoSec budget follow up tool, directly liaises with Logistics and Administration departments on the budget and ROs related issues, and assists Programme Manager/ EcoSec coordinator on financial reporting
· Ensures proper documentation of all the EcoSec distributions in Somalia following “the distribution tracking project”, including required coordination with field staff, Logistics and Administration departments
· Acts as a focal person for EcoSec “Forecasting and Collaborative Demand Planning”
· Creates Supply Requisitions (SR) as required and liaises with the respective EcoSec and Logistics staff to ensure proper and timely formulation and follow up of the SRs’,
· Trains the EcoSec team in Somalia, on the use of the EPMT software when required
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
§ University Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or relevant qualification in a related field
· 4 years’ work experience in information and data base management; experience in a humanitarian organization will be an asset
§ Highly proficient in spoken and written English
§ Strong analytical, presentation and communication skills
§ Ability to work independently without supervision
§ Capacity building and training/ facilitation experience
§ Flexibility and willingness to travel to Somalia
§ Advanced computer skills especially in Excel and data base management
· A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation,
on the email address email@example.com
. Your cover letter must
indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 8th December 2019
. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed