Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Anjarwalla & Khanna (A&K) is the largest corporate law firm in Eastern Africa, with over 90 lawyers, and is generally considered the leading full-service corporate law firm in Kenya. The firm has offices in both Nairobi and Mombasa, Kenya’s main commercial centres. A&K has been named ‘African Law Firm of the Year – Large Practice ‘four times, in 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017 by the prestigious African Legal Awards, which celebrates ‘excellence, achievement and innovation in the legal profession.’ A&K is ranked first in Kenya by various legal guides, including Chambers Global, IFLR 1000, and Legal 500. In February 2018, the firm received the Chambers & Partners Law Firm of the Year Award for Kenya.
A&K is also the founding member of ALN (Africa Legal Network), an alliance of top-ranked African law firms in multiple African jurisdictions, providing seamless and effective legal, advisory and transactional services across the continent. It is the largest grouping of its kind in Africa, with close working relationships across its sixteen firms and an established network of Best Friends across the continent. ALN firms are on the ground in some of Africa’s fastest growing jurisdictions, including the continent’s gateway economies: Algeria, Botswana, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
Anjarwalla & Khanna is a visionary law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. We believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we are seeking a dynamic Legal Technology officer.
The successful candidate will have an understanding of legal service offerings and knowledge of legal technology, and will be expected to develop an understanding of the way our lawyers work and the needs of our clients. The candidate will also promote to our lawyers the benefits of legal technology, and will advise and assist them in designing innovative approaches and processes for the benefit of our clients. The role will foster Anjarwalla & Khanna (AKI) and the reputation as a thought leader for legal tech solutions.
Roles and responsibilities:
· Work closely with our lawyers develop a deep understanding of legal work and existing processes in order to advise and assist them with the implementation of legal tech tools which best meet the requirements of our lawyers and enhance our client service delivery.
· Provide insights on paper flow and process within legal departments, to ensure we better address the challenges faced by lawyers.
· Create project management timelines and schedules to procure or build, test, and implement new legal technologies.
· Build strong relationships with our lawyers across various specialist areas and with the IT team for implementation and maintenance of technology solutions.
· Assist in undertaking continuous improvement projects and designing new methods of delivery using technology, to refine (or redefine) processes which create efficiencies and which deliver against our clients expectations.
· Balance client needs that demand immediate solutions with our longer term strategic aims to ensure the best use of existing solutions and identification of opportunities for new solutions.
· Promote the use of our existing legal tech to our lawyers and encouraging innovative uses, particularly in the areas of Real Estate Conveyancing and Corporate Due Diligence.
· Assist in integration, configuration or further customisation of existing solutions.
· Identify requirements for new solutions.
· Drive the implementation of new legal technologies.
· Deliver training, presentations and demonstrations to our lawyers and clients on legal tech.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Experience and Personal Qualities
The following experience is preferred:
· Educated to degree level in a Law or Computer Science discipline or equivalent (Legal training preferred and computer literacy essential).
· Previous legal experience (fee earning) or legal technology experience.
· Knowledge of technology and IT literate including proficiency in MS Office.
· Demonstrated record of project management
· Able to design and build Legal Tech innovations
· Experience of and interest in new and emerging technologies such as AI/machine learning, automation/RPA and collaboration platforms
· Experience using legal tech solutions such as Luminance, Kira, HighQ, Contract Express etc.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
· Ability to implement legal automation technology solutions for lawyers and client’s desired outcomes.
· Ability to communicate effectively, build relationships and clearly articulate and explain legal technology solutions benefits in non-technical terms.
· Strong organisational skills
· Ability to supervise coders in creating technology product offerings
· Ability to prioritise and complete simultaneous projects.
· Commitment to A&K’s mission and strong ethical integrity.
How to apply
If your career aspirations match this opportunity, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com referencing this position LTO/KM/19 on or before 12:00pm (GMT) Monday, 16th December 2019.