Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Fleet/Warehousing Assistant is responsible for assisting in warehouse management, safe driving of vehicles and staff for Save the Children Kenya programme. He/ She should ensure proper maintenance of warehouse and cleanliness of vehicles in compliance with required standards. In addition, the role holder will be responsible of ensuring warehouse management and vehicles are serviced on time and maintenance reports are generated on monthly basis. The role holder will be required to provide excellent service delivery to the programme in regard warehousing in line with Save the Children policies and SOPS. In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Key Areas of Accountability
- With the assistance of the Supply Chain Coordinator, implement effective stock management and administration systems, thoroughly monitoring stock levels and advising on appropriate stocking and replenishment to meet project demands
- Ensure that the items in the warehouse are properly stored and all records are up to date
- Ensure all incoming and outgoing stock is managed according to the warehousing and stock management standards as per SCI policies and regulations.
- Custodian of all warehouse documentation. Ensure that all paper work is completed and filed correctly. These include GRNs, Stock release, waybills, bin cards, stock cards and distribution lists.
- Check and inspect goods received and ensure they are of accurate quantity, specifications and acceptable quality.
- Record any damaged, faulty/missing goods.
- Liaise with the Office Cleaner to ensure that the warehouse is neat and clean at all times.
- Ensure the appropriate storage and physical condition of stocks according to their specific requirements
- Ensure all stock is released with stock release form and stock release approval.
- Ensure all goods are tracked by description, source of funds (SOF) code and project code.
Vehicle driving and Maintenance:
Providing weekly/Monthly usage report of vehicles including total mileage, fuel consumption and expenditure.
Organise the transport of supplies directly to SCI designated location for use.
In consultation with the Fleet Officer, coordinate staff movement.
Plan, assign, supervise, review and participate in the inspection of SCI and hired vehicles.
Collaborate with the procurement team on all procurement of applicable parts and maintenance activities of all SCI fleet.
Ensure that the Line Manager is immediately informed of any accidents/incidents and the accident reported to the police as appropriate and as soon as possible.
Ensure that the vehicle is insured and in the event of an accident make certain that proper procedures for insurance claims are followed.
Report and supervise all maintenance and repair needs of assigned vehicles.
Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Work Location: Nairobi
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Secondary school education.
Professional qualification / certificate in warehousing management or equivalent.
Minimum of Possess a (BCE/ ABCE)-Class Driving License for more than 5 years of professional driving experience in an NGO or similar environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
Fluency in written and spoken English. Similar skills in Kiswahili will be an added advantage.
Some practical experience of user vehicle maintenance.
Proven experience working as a Mechanic /Driver Logistics Assistant in a similar context.
Vehicle mechanic course from a recognized institution preferably government graded (Trade text 1)
Ability to multi task and work calmly under pressure is essential for this position.
Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in an insecure environment is critical
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
Save the Children has been operational in Kenya since the 1950s, providing support to children through developmental and humanitarian relief programmes delivered both directly and through local partners. Current programming focuses on child protection, child rights governance, education, health, HIV/AIDS, livelihoods, nutrition and WASH. In 2012, as part of a global reorganization process, Save the Children combined the programmes of SC UK, SC Canada and SC Finland to create a single operation in Kenya. In Feb 2014, we completed a second transition, which saw us join forces with the British INGO, Merlin, and merge their health and nutrition programmes with our own. Save the Children now has an operational presence in Bungoma, Dadaab Refugee Camp, Garissa, Mandera, Turkana and Wajir and we work through partners in many other parts of the country. In total, we employ around 184 staff and had an operating annual budget in 2019 of approximately US$ 12.4 million. In 2016, Save the Children established a new project office in Madagascar whose operations the Kenya CO manages.
How to Apply.
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever