Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Kaizen Company is an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven, organizational and institutional performance improvements, and shift the development model into one that is bottom-up and ongoing. We leverage existing knowledge along with new technologies and innovative business models to support local reform that is sustained through market force
Objective of Assignment
- The Research Assistant will assist the Lead Consultant and Team in collecting data, producing a performance review report on the implementation of the 5th EAC Development Strategy and formulating the 6th EAC Development Strategy 2021/22-2025/26.
Scope of Work
- To provide technical support to the lead Consultant & Team in data collection for the performance review of the 5th EAC Development Strategy (2016/17 – 2020/21) and formulation of the 6th EAC Development Strategy (2021/22 – 2025/26).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Holding an induction/planning meeting with the Lead Consultant & Team for guidance on the assignment;
- Reviewing documents to understand and identify key development issues that prevail in the country highlighting national efforts, challenges and opportunities, lessons learned, etc. The documents would include the long-term national strategic plans and specific sectoral strategies, policies and programmes;
- Prepare a timetable for meeting key stakeholders to provide the necessary information;
- Work with Desk Officers and other stakeholders implementing strategic interventions prioritized in the 5th EAC Development Strategy to compile the required data;
- Collection of the data for performance indicators of the 5th EAC Development Strategy (2016/17-2020/21);
- Administering the tools for data Collation and information on the current status and performance of development initiatives in the East Africa region including achievement of key milestones, constraints, and the strategic options for the region’s development;
- Maintenance of accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of data and information obtained from respondents; and
- Undertaking of other related duties as may be required which may include analysis and editing.
Deliverables and Time Frame
- The key deliverables are submission of completed excel sheets. In addition, the assistance will also provide editorial and simple analysis of collected data.
- The expected duration of data collection in phase will be a maximum of 15 working days. This will be undertaken between January and March 2020.
- A Masters’ Degree in Economics, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Political Science, International Trade, or any development-related field.
- Good knowledge of specialized research software and report writing skills .
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, with a bias on quantitative skills.
- Strong computer and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team building skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. A working knowledge of French and/or Kiswahili would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in the field of development planning and qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience in undertaking studies in covering situation analysis leading to preparation of projects and programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with regional intergovernmental organizations, especially in the East Africa Region.