Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is looking for a qualified Intern Procurement to join our Administration and Procurement Team for 3 months.
Who we are
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making safe sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements.
Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves 3 critical steps: we build a dense network of high-quality sanitation facilities — Fresh Life Toilets — franchised to residents in the community.
We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. Finally, we convert the waste into valuable agricultural inputs, which we sell to Kenyan farmers.
About the role
The Administration and Procurement intern is responsible for addressing all procurement needs in the respective teams and collaborating with all relevant
A typical day for you might include the following projects
- Act as advisory to clients who are facing challenges before, during and after a purchasing process. Explain clearly what is needed for a given purchase (especially if a new purchase, or a new customer), and the steps that need to be taken, by whom, and expected timelines at the beginning or at any point in the purchasing process. The customer should fully understand what needs to happen, and why each requirement/step is important, for any purchase they are making.
- Review and approve PRs within 24 hours on working days to ensure compliance with the Company’s purchasing guidelines and agreed rates/prices for goods/services/works with the vendor.
- Escalate PRs, not in compliance within 24 hours with the users.
- Convert approved PRs to POs, follow up POs for approval, and notify vendor once POs are complete within 24 hours.
- Create EPRs, follow up on payments, and send notifications to vendors when payments are scheduled to be sent
- Responsible for ensuring POs are executed on time and communicate with users that timelines won’t be hit and share new timelines.
- Ensure that all relevant documents are availed to accounting within the agreed SLA time and payment processing to be done within the recommended time frames.
- Update the PR checklist document when reviewing every PR and ensure that it has been filled in full until the vendor has been paid to keep track of deliveries/collections and payments.
- Ensure all goods/services/works have been received on the system and reconciled after payments.
- Planning and execution of timely collections and delivery of items from various vendors. This includes contacting vendors in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems to avoid stock-outs.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- High levels of collaboration with QHSE for quality standards, with warehouse, to avoid stock-outs and understand the usage of items and accounting for purposes of timely vendor prepayments and payments and accurate documentation before and after payment is done.
- Assist in reviewing/creating reorder levels for all raw materials, consumables, finished products, tools and equipment stored at the warehouses.
Key Result Areas
- At any one point, no stockouts are realized so as operations can run smoothly.
- Quality-Ensure quality of work at all times, as per the required specifications and standards
- Timeliness- Timeliness in processing purchase orders and purchase requests. A PR should be approved within 24 hours on working days.
- Accuracy- Accuracy at work at all times.
Skills and qualifications you’ll need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement/ Supply Chain Services
- Proficient in Word
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with a team.
- At least 1 years’ relevant experience in procurement.
- Ability to work independently to move deliverables forward
Qualities you’ll need to fit in well among the Sanergy-Stars
- A collaborative spirit that compels you to work beyond your team
- A desire to understand and serve customers
- A willingness to embrace diversity, integrity and empathy
- An innovative approach to assessing and testing new ideas
- An enthusiasm to achieve set targets and improve yourself professionally
The perks you’ll have
- A holistic benefits package
- Unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A unique chance to tackle critical challenges of sanitation, economic empowerment and food security
To apply, please CLICK HERE to submit a cover letter, statutory documents ie. NSSF, NHIF, KRA Pin, ID, Police Clearance Certificate, Helb Compliance Certificate and your resume/CV.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The deadline for submission of application is 10th December, 2019.