Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Background: MDN Kenya is a firm of Certified Public Accountants, established in Nairobi in 1985, and has evolved over the years through mergers and re-organizations to become the firm it is today.
The firm offers pro-active, client-focused professional advice on corporate and business matters to organizations and individuals in Kenya and overseas.
We are committed to providing a high-quality service that represents value for money.
To achieve this, we invest time in gaining a thorough understanding of each client’s business and developing close working relationships.
This enables us to put forward relevant ideas and advice and to identify and resolve issues efficiently.
Job Brief: We are looking for an intern to support both the Audit and Tax departments.
Reporting to the Audit Manager, the incumbent will be required but not limited to;
- Organise and file audit workpapers and supplementary documentation.
- Assist in preparing audit work papers in compliance with GAAP and IFRS.
- Assist in audit planning, risk assessment and materiality and documented audit procedures.
- Assist with preparing and validating month end close schedules and analysis.
- Assist in performing account reconciliations.
- Assist in various system related projects, including but not limited to performing testing and documentation.
- Take the role in the audit as a professional team member to perform in simple part of the financial statement.
- Support audit work in real projects together with MDN professionals.
- Take part in a professional learning and development scheme.
- Support in tax compliance preparation and completion.
- Support in preparing/reviewing corporate tax calculations that are accurate and comply with all legal requirements.
- Complete other administration task as required by both Audit & Tax departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from a recognized institution.
- CPA will be an added advantage.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient in accounting software i.e. quick books, sage and pastel.
Other Preferred Skills / Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess high sense of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to pay attention to detail and report accurately and timely.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Enthusiastic, demonstrate “can do” and “team working” attitude with an ability to learn quickly.
- Good analytical skills and enjoy working with numbers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good command of English.
How to Apply
If you fit the above profile and are interested in this challenging opportunity, please submit your application with a detailed CV, e-mail and telephone contacts quoting the job title in the field of interest directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th December 2019.