Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We are looking for a Recruitment intern to provide support and oversight for technical and general hiring.
About One Acre Fund: Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive.
We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests.
We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly.
We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
Job Description: We are looking for three Recruitment Interns to provide support and oversight for technical and program hiring. The role requires excellent people skills and project management skills, high attention to detail, stakeholder coordination and the ability to plan and achieve hiring strategies.
The Recruitment Interns, based in Nairobi, Kenya, will join our global-based Recruitment Team to provide support in managing our recruitment processes and improvements.
- Directly participate in general hiring by participating in trainings and interview processes and support in Field Officer hiring and partner with Hiring Managers to schedule final round interviews
- Build Hiring Manager relationships through timely and specific communication on process updates, pipeline updates, and best practices to ensure a seamless hiring process
- Expand the recruitment process by actively seeking feedback on the One Acre Fund recruitment process and recommend improvements in order to deliver excellent candidate, Hiring Manager, and Recruiter experience
- Support on recruitment process improvements. Some example projects could include:
- Young Professionals Program: Act as an integral part of the Young Professionals Program by supporting the program expansion, shortlisting qualified candidates, in accordance with the job’s requirements and conducting phone interviews, and leading the centralized candidate processing.
- Centralized Processing: Support our centralized processing team by completing tasks at various stages of our recruitment process such as job postings, new hire requests, and first-round phone interviews and implementing improvements so our work is more efficient and effective.
- Hiring Manager Certification: Support our Hiring Manager Certification program by leading knowledge management work, simplifying our systems, and/or creating video training.
- Provide weekly reports and attend check-ins each week with your manager to review current work, workshop ideas and ensure timely deliverables on set targets
- Act as a passionate ambassador for One Acre Fund by promoting the company as an employer of choice
- Any other duties related to One Acre Fund daily activities as may be assigned to you by your supervisor
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people.
You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance.
We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals.
You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Citizenship in KENYA or RWANDA – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent graduates or young professionals with a Bachelor’s degree in any people related or Finance fields preferred. Individuals who hold a Bachelor’s degree as of Jan 2020 are eligible for One Acre Fund internships/fellowships
- Strong work experiences. Examples include summer jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school
- Demonstrated Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations, etc.
- High attention to detail
- Good facilitation and stakeholder coordination skills
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Solves problems effectively and owns the solutions to completion
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks and hit the ground running.
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Fluent in English
Preferred Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda or Nairobi, Kenya
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
Duration: Full-time job
Benefits: Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates: No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya or Rwanda.
Application link: https://grnh.se/8773aa3e1
Closing date: December 26, 2019
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.