Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
|Deadline for application:||10th December 2019|
|Duty Station/Mission:||Nairobi, Kenya/ MSF France|
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to care health. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
Job Title: Driver
Location: Coordination office
Start date: 1st of January 2020
The Driver takes responsibility for transporting people and cargo in a safe and organized manner by driving MSF vehicles as assigned. He/she abides by Kenyan traffic laws and the MSF safety- and security guidelines. The Driver aims to provide swift and optimal services, demonstrate correct and courteous road behaviour, being representative for MSF and showing excellent navigation- and vehicle handling skills.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Vehicle handling and movement coordination
- Excellent and up-to-date knowledge of the roads network of Nairobi and its surroundings.
- Vehicle care and maintenance.
- Recording the mileage, date and amount of fuel taken in the logbook when refilling the vehicle;
- Calculates the amount of fuel consumed every month and makes a photocopy of the logbook for that particular month;
- Fills out the Driver Monthly Report at the last working day of each calendar month;
- Is accountable for all the money advanced to him/her by Administration or the Logistics Coordinator; provides receipts for each amount spent and settles advances immediately or at least at the end of every week.
- Ensures that he/she knows how to operate radio equipment; pro-actively asks the Deputy Logistics Coordinator for instructions and training;
- Ensures that the radio is switched on and can be monitored throughout his/her shift;
- Makes calls upon departure and arrival as per the Radio Communications Guidelines;
- Receives and takes calls when requested by radio as per the call sign of the vehicle;
- Familiarizes him/herself with Radio Alphabet and any established MSF radio code;
- Is able to express the location of the vehicle clearly and unambiguously at all times.
- Performs any other tasks upon the request of the Deputy Logistics Coordinator or the Logistics Coordinator.
- Education Essential: KCPE/standard eight, Driving License type “E” Desirable: KCSE, Driving License type “B”, 4WD driving, defensive driving/ EVOC, mechanical certificates/diploma’s
- Experience Essential: at least 3 years as a driver Essential: previous experience with MSF or other INGO
- Languages Essential: English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge Mechanical skills, ability to read/write in English, map reading and navigation
- Communication skills
- Results Teamwork
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 10th of December 2019 under the subject “Driver Coordination office” to
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee