Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Summary: The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Manager & Controller in managing, processing and troubleshooting various finance functions. You will be part of a creative team that is deeply passionate about solving problems and ensuring both your individual and career growth.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Financial Management
- Make confirmed payments to facilitate operations in the Sourcing department such as top-ups and big supplier payments.
- Process and record all payment transactions as approved by the Financial Manager & Controller in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create invoices for payment requests.
- Assist in making payment follow ups from customers.
- Maintain and operate the office petty cash.
- Ensure that all statutory payments (Tax, NSSF, HELB & NHIF) are made within the required timelines.
- Respond to all accounts payable queries.
- Financial Reporting
- Assist in the reconciliation of all bank transactions on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist in the reconciliation of ledgers and other schedules as needed.
- Assist the finance manager in the reconciliation of stocks (both raw and processed materials) in the accounting system.
- Create any ad hoc reports as requested.
- Assist in generating monthly management accounts.
- Filing & Archiving
- File all invoices and correspondence directly relating to the Finance department.
- Secure record-keeping for all Finance files.
- Exceptionally structured and organised personality
- Can-do attitude
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Excellent attention to detail
- Desire to learn and grow
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or any other business related course.
- CPA Qualification is a plus.
- Flexible and able to work on Saturdays.
- At least one year proven experience in Accounting and/or book-keeping.
- Great working knowledge with MS Office Packages especially MS Excel.
- Organised and great attention to detail