Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Lead the review and implementation of Trócaire’s country funding strategy, in line with country programme needs and external funding opportunities.
- Lead and advise on the development of good quality and well-designed funding proposals for submission to institutional and private donors. This will involve linking in with the Global Partnerships and Funding team in HQ in terms of quality assurance and ensuring value for money, cost recovery etc.
- Advise the CD and Director of Programmes on donor funding streams which match with priorities, projects and programmes and take the lead in structuring the approach towards making a funding application.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for securing institutional funding from in-country donors, embassies and trust funds. This will involve close liaison with global partnerships and funding staff in Trócaire’s head office.
- Present all funding opportunities relevant to the Kenya programme to CMT (country management team) using an existing Bid/No Bid tool.
- Lead on the proposal development process (PDP) for any funding proposals
- Keep up-to-date with donor policy developments and trends, in the development and humanitarian sectors; in-country, regionally, and more generally, and represent Trócaire in funding review groups/networks, as appropriate
- Cultivate business relationships with external stakeholders and potential partners for large scale or strategic funding opportunities, either as a prime or sub-recipient in joint ventures and as agreed with the CMT
- Participate in key donor meetings, when necessary, to foster long-term collaboration and engagement.
- Explore and test potential private sector partnerships as agreed by Country Management Team
- Pro-actively seek donor intelligence on prospective new opportunities or partnerships.
- Provide regular updates to the CMT on the status of the funding portfolio and key trends to monitor
- Ensure key contacts, required formats and donor strategies are kept up-to-date at the country office level.
- Ensure information on our IF strategy, Bid/No Bid processes etc. are kept up to date on our internal information management system Salesforce
- Grants Management & Compliance (25%)
- Perform quality and administrative checks on narrative and financial reporting for institutionally funded programmes ensuring all donor reporting requirements are being met. This will sometimes involve close liaison and joint working with institutional funding staff in Trócaire head office
- In coordination with the Finance Manager, take responsibility for monitoring and ensuring compliance with donor rules and requirements on budgets
- In coordination with the Director of Programmes, plan grant inception meetings, grant review meetings, and grant close out meetings.
- Support the grants officer to:
- Keep up to date with donor regulations and communicating effectively with relevant team members and relevant people in HQ on same
- Support programme staff in the management of contracts for all institutional grants ensuring compliance throughout a grant cycle
- Track all existing grants and working closely with the relevant team members to ensure all deadlines are met for forecasting, reports, baselines, evaluations etc.
- Ensure information on current grants is kept up-to-date on the internal information management system Salesforce
- Ensure programme teams are submitting reports to donors in a timely manner.
- Support programme staff and partners in preparing contract amendment documentation for donors such as the EC, Irish Aid, and others, ensuring HQ is aware of and has oversight of any contract amendments.
- Work with programme and finance teams to develop efficient financial tracking and reporting systems for all institutional grants.
- Ensure all existing grant files are maintained and organized for planning and preparation of donor reports and project monitoring, and ensuring everything is accurately recorded on Salesforce.
- Ensure that all communications/visibility requirements of active grants are implemented
- Development visibility material as required.
- Ensure that all communications/visibility material developed follows Trócaire guidelines
- Support training for staff and partners entering into new institutional donor contracts, including compliance with regulations on financial management, procurement, audit, reporting, visibility and communications.
- Advise and support programme teams on building the capacities of partners to handle complex contractual compliance issues
- Advise and support programme teams on how to comply with evaluation, audit and expenditure verification requirements
- Support the implementation of the country communications strategy
- Review all communications and visibility material before being submitted to the CD for sign off
- Develop a communications strategy for the Trócaire Kenya Office that increases the profile of the Kenya programme within Trócaire; responds to the communications needs of Trócaire HQ; and increases the profile of the Trócaire programme in-country – particularly with potential donors.
- At least a Masters level education in development studies or a relevant subject
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the development and humanitarian sector
- Demonstrable experience of development and humanitarian programming.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing business development processes including , donor mapping , donor engagement, bid development and writing for major donors including the European Union (DevCo and ECHO), Irish Aid, UK DFID, other European Governments, UN, US Government funding (USAID, State Depts.), and other relevant trusts/foundations.
- Demonstrable experience of managing grants co financed by the donors mentioned above.
- Demonstrable use of Management Information Systems (MIS) and / or Grants Management System (GMS)
- Working with partner organisations.
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- In depth knowledge of contractual requirements of donors and grant management
- Excellent budget analysis and budget development skills.
- Experience of working with partners and good understanding of partnership approach
- Excellent facilitation & capacity building skills and experience of applying them when working with individual partners or groups of partners
- Dynamic and willing to take initiative
- A team player but also willing and able to work with minimal supervision
- Capacity to be flexible and adaptable to changing contexts and priorities
- Deep commitment to social justice.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines with patience.
- Pay high degree of attention to detail.
- Understanding of, and empathy with, the role of the Catholic Church in development