Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB GRADE –C1 (1 Post)
The job holder is responsible for providing secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the Authority so as to ensure services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. He/she reports to the Top Management by providing senior level secretarial and clerical services.
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Unit Head for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Type and file routine letters and memos.
- Record dictation in shorthand and transcribing (Shorthand typist) typing dictations directly (Audio typist).
- Operate office equipment.
- Ensure security of office and equipment.
- Register and attend to visitors/clients.
- Receive, record, dispatch mail and maintain a register of outgoing and incoming mail.
- Handle telephone calls, diary and appointments.
- Facilitate meetings.
- Provide front office service in the area of deployment.
- Cross reference of correspondence.
- Report on any need for office repairs.
- Requisition office stationery and other office requirements.
- Prepare and write routine correspondences.
- Handle confidential documents.
- Maintain office diary, protocols, and travel itineraries.
- Undertake other secretarial duties that may be assigned.
- Guide and supervise junior secretarial personnel.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- A Diploma in Secretarial studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Full secretarial course training
- Three (3) Years relevant working experience as a Secretary I or its equivalent
- Proficiency in Computer applications
- KCSE Certificate, mean Grade Cc)
Key competencies and skills
- High integrity level
- Communication Skills (oral and written)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Well Groomed
- Ability to work under pressure
How To Apply
If you believe you meet the criteria for the position above, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and a detailed Curriculum Vitae, email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees in sealed envelope clearly marked with job title to the or send by email to the address below on or before 23rd December 2019 to:
Chief Executive Officer
National Biosafety Authority
Pest control Products Board (PCPB) building Loresho- Off Waiyaki way
P.O Box 28251 – 00100 – NAIROBI
NBA is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and they will be required to present valid clearance certificates as stipulated in Chapter Six of the Constitution.