Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Kabarak University Enterprises invites applications from interested and suitable qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position in the University Enterprises. The University is a Christian institution committed to Christian Biblical principles and values and the successful candidate will be required to uphold this value system.
Chief Chef: One (1) Position- KABUE 4 Ref. 27/11/19/2
For appointment into this position, applicants should have the following:
- Should be holder of Diploma in Food and Beverage Production or a Certificate in food production from Kenya Utalii College.
- Should have at least 5 years of work experience in a busy 4-star kitchen with strong food and beverage operations.
- Demonstrate capacity for continuous production of mass quality food for an international students Community.
- Should display good leadership qualities, of good character, self-motivated and strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Must have advanced knowledge of culinary arts in baking, pastry and local cuisines.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience in menu Planning and capacity to coordinate various departments for delivery of a standard, cost effective, quality and acceptable menus.
Reporting to the General Manager, Kabarak University Enterprises Ltd and shall be responsible for the following key areas:
- Ensuring the provision of high quality services within all kitchens of the University and University Guest house.
- Planning, Developing and implementing procedures for efficient and effective provision of catering services.
- Advising management on the appropriate strategies to improve the catering services for students, staff and other users.
- Maintain diverse menu and standard food recipes.
- Implement a menu system which will be easily evaluated by customers
- Coordinate various departments in order to produce a cost efficient menu for all food outlets.
- Corporate hospitality, large event catering and outside catering.
- Safeguard the kitchens and service equipment, crockery, cutlery and service machines for smooth running of all kitchens in the university.
- Prepare and present accurate, reliable, precise and timely foods and beverages reports for effective decision making.
- Persons with HACCP certification, international cuisine experience and knowledge, in addition to above requirements will have an added advantage
REMUNERATION AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Appointments to the positions will be on a Three years contract, renewable on mutual agreement with a six month probation period upon appointment. A competitive compensation package will be offered to successful candidates. Kabarak University Enterprises Ltd is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply via email: email@example.com
OR write to:
The General Manager
Kabarak University Enterprises Ltd
P.O private Bag 20157
Kindly indicate on the Subject of the email the position you are applying for.
Applications should be sent NOT later than Thursday, 2nd January 2019.
NOTE: ONLY successful applicants will be contacted