Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry.
Provide proactive, high quality specialist global trade & excise governance leadership to ensure the effective management of Diageo’s global trade affairs locally within East Africa (EABL – Kenya) . Apply and execute Global CoE (Centre of Expertise) strategies and policies to manage and mitigate key risks.
- Participate in developing and executing strategies, policies, standards, guidelines for global trade management and drive adoption of, and adherence to, policies and standard
- Provide specialist support on regional global trade issues and support the business by reviewing the implications of business initiated projects to Kenya’s operational structure and value chain
- Participate in global trade projects to deliver shareholder value/manage potential exposures
- Proactively support the delivery of the Global Trade CoE objectives aiming to standardize and simplify processes and procedures
- Keep up to date with customs and excise regulatory changes and best practice; identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions
Key interactions – Internal
- Regional Supply business partners and business unit leaders – develop and maintain a strong working relationship and keep up to date with business priorities and developments
- Global Trade Governance Centre of Expertise Team, Specialist global functions – Legal, Corporate Relations and Group Tax. Collaborating with these functions as required to deliver end to end Supply chain efficiency
- Regional DEO (Diageo Eneterprise Operations) – maintain a good working relationship with the DEO customs and excise team
- Supply Governance & Change – provide specialist global trade support to the delivery of change programmes
Key interactions – External
- Customs & Excise authorities – proactive management of the relationship with customs and excise – including
- Managing site audits and resultant inquiries
- Providing documentation where requested
- Dealing with technical inquiries
- 3PL production, warehousing, logistics providers and customs agents –
- Agreed delivery metrics supported by KPI’s.
- Perform annual full audit on the 3PL
- Operate regular Service Review Calls
- First point of contact for the 3PL
- Ensure that the correct customs & excise guarantees, licences and approvals are held for operations
- Ensure there are the correct licences, approvals in place for any operational changes
- Trade bodies – contribute on specialist areas and share knowledge and intelligence with other large corporates and/or MNCs
- Global Trade governance
- Managing risk
- Internal control
- Embedding compliance and ethics
Qualifications / Experience
- Experience of leadership within a Global Trade/Supply function in a global multinational
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Good team working and communication skills across diverse cultures
- At least 5 – 8 years experience in trade and customs & excise environment globally or at a local scale