Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Traidcraft Exchange (TX) in partnership with Farm Concern International is implementing a
three-year project titled, Sustainable Agriculture & Women’s Advancement: Improving Livelihoods and Establishing Women led Enterprises with Smallholder Farmers in Meru County Kenya (SAWA).
The project is in the second year and Traidcraft Exchange plans to undertake an **Environmental
Impact Assessment (EAI) **along the target vegetable value chains in Buuri sub-county in Meru County. The project is promoting adoption of various sustainable agricultural practices among target beneficiaries who are mainly smallholder vegetable farmers and therefore the project seeks to understand how these practices impact the environment within the target project area. This Terms of References is intended to guide the consultant and all who will be involved in the assessment.
You will be:
Responsible for designing the entire study, development of questionnaires, conducting primary and secondary data collection, data management and report writing.
You will have:
- Degree or advanced degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, environmental studies or some other science discipline
- Experience and practical knowledge of the sector
- Experience being engaged in organizations or projects involved in environment and climate related initiatives
- Experience doing secondary and primary research in general and specifically in issues associated with climate change
- Knowledge to help design the entire study, including guiding the development of questionnaires, outline for focus group discussions and key informant interviews and conduct
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit their technical proposal by 3.00 pm Thursday 16th January 2020.
Proposals from interested consultant should include the following details:
Profile of the consultant who will undertake the tasks
Understanding of the task
The approach/methodology which will be used to undertake the assignment (include an example of the report outline).
Detailed EIA activity plan for undertaking the assignment
Budget (Daily fee rates and projected field expenses)
A list of previously similar assignments conducted
Questions or proposal should be addressed
to Janet Ruminju, Programme Manager; Email: Janet.Ruminju@traidcraft.org; Tel: +254722386335.