Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To support a research project that aims to identify antigens associated with the ability to control blood stage parasite growth in individuals challenged with P falciparum malaria parasites. The post will involve the use of reverse vaccinology, recombinant antigen production, reverse phase protein microarray printing and processing, and statistical analyses of data. The position requires training in Molecular Biology techniques (eg PCR) as well as experience in performing Immunological assays.
- Principal Investigator
- The primary responsibility will be express recombinant antigens and serological screening using protein microarray and ELISA.
- Identify additional relevant published and unpublished literature relevant to the study
- Design of constructs for recombinant antigen production using the HEK293 expression system.
- Laboratory analyses of antibody responses: ELISA, Microarray.
- Drafting of manuscripts arising from the data.
- Ensure regular and secure backup of the data collected.
- Collate and provide information/feedback to the PI through regular debriefing meetings.
- Attend and take notes during project meetings.
- Attend unit, group, departmental and programme meetings and participate in assigned activities including journal clubs and seminars.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A BSc degree in Biological Sciences.
- 1 year relevant experience in a medical related profession/ medical research.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Training in Molecular Biology.
- Experience with recombinant antigen production.
- Good organizational and management skills
- Good analytical and follow through ability
- A meticulous approach to documentation (including word processing and spreadsheet skills)
- Ability to coordinate well with colleagues and supervisors
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and meet deadlines.
- Sensitive, patient and a good listener.
- Lab based
- Requires flexibility in the hours worked, with the priority being meeting the team’s research goals.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 25 January 2020.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).