Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The GIS Assistant will provide support in GIS for development and in the development of maps. The GIS assistant shall take lead in participatory mapping during field research. He/She will also support in preparation of tools for data collection in relations to data and GIS.
• Take lead in participatory mapping during field research
• Prepare maps for donor reports and research reports
• Produce maps and data for Programs and Projects
• Participate in proposal development by producing maps for the proposals
• Support grants and programme teams during proposal development upon their request in relation to GIS initiatives.
• Prepare mobile questionnaires for field data collection
• Collate and organize data collected
• Analyze and compile a report of the analysis
• Develop and maintain databases
• Train members of staff and project teams on the application of GIS
• Train project teams on participatory mapping
The GIS Assistant will report to the Regional Head of Programme DDG
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
• A university degree in geography, statistics or GIS
• GIS Certification
• Extensive experience of using GIS mapping platforms (particularly ArcGIS)
• Strong qualitative research skills
• High degree of computer literacy
• Good interpersonal working relationships
• Strong planning skills with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
• Attention to detail, flexibility and professionalism
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software products (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
• Proficiency in SPSS or other quantitative data analysis tools
Availability: February 2020
Duty station: Nairobi, Regional Office
Contract: National contract in accordance with DRC terms for National staff in Kenya.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter in English through the online application on http://www.drc.ngo under vacancies no later than 24 January, 2020.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels. In light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunities: DRC is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development