Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY: LAUNCHING A NEW CYBERCAFE BUSINESS
With this proven track record of incubating several successful social enterprises, DDD is starting up a new social enterprise in Kenya. The business will create and develop a franchise model for digital centers or cyber cafes. These centers will give internet access to customers and provide a suite of services such as online trainings, e-government, and more. We envision a series of centers throughout peri-urban areas in Kenya. In addition to creating a sustainable business, the centers will create jobs for local youth to be digital assistants to help customers effectively use the internet.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
DDD seeks a Managing Director of the Digital Centers Franchise to lead an exciting phase of accelerated growth and impact. This position reports to DDD’s CEO and holds both strategic and tactical roles in managing all operations function across DDD’s Digital Center Franchise business. DDD will retain the services of a franchise development company to help us establish the operating model for the franchise basis, which you will be responsible for liaising with and learning from.
Your responsibilities include operations across Kenya, specifically:
Sustainable Business Development – the first step will be to develop a sustainable business model for the digital centers. You will be responsible for solutioning the suite of services to be offered at the center, pricing, branding, and marketing. The next stage is to then launch approximately 10 centers that DDD will operate directy for learning purposes.
Franchisee Partner Recruitment – once the model is successful with a few digital centers, you will be responsible for franchising the business across Kenya. You will own creating, and executing our entry strategy into the Kenyan market. You will be responsible for the strategic placement of the digital centers and the franchise development in these areas, including recruiting, sourcing, and on-boarding new qualified franchisee partners.
Building Franchisee Operational Support – you will be responsible for ensuring we’re supporting our high-quality franchisee partners and that our partners are successful. This means you’ll be owning our comprehensive franchise operations blueprint in supporting our franchise partners through all aspects of their business, and you’ll also be working closely with the Franchise team to ensure their businesses are successful.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAITS FOR SUCCESS
- 10+ years managing a broad range of information technology transformation projects of increasing complexity and impact, including business and financial management.
- Possess an entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for building local businesses
- Strategic thinker who can develop and implement sustainable business plans
- Ability to lead effectively in a multicultural environment. Possess experience managing teams, and working with multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability in developing reporting of results, insights gained and implementing a continuous improvement process and culture.
- Experience in retail sector
- Franchise experience if possible, although we will engage advisors with significant franchise experience. The key need is for someone entrepreneurial, preferably with a track record of creating and leading businesses.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com