Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
This position is responsible for supporting the County Elections Manager (CEM) on day to day operations and preparation of all books of accounts in the County office.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in, Finance, Commerce or comparable discipline from a recognized institution;
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CP(K) or its equivalent qualifications
- Must be a member of ICPAK;
- Must have at least three (3) years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization;
- Must hail from the County he/she is applying for as indicated in the national identity card.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be a team player and possess good management and leadership skills;
- Must be computer literate and possess good analytical skills;
- Must be a person of undoubted integrity
- Initiate payment process, prepare and examine vouchers received from the Constituency Office Clerks in the County;
- Prepare payroll for the temporary hired election officials for the County;
- Maintain cashbooks and bank reconciliation for the County;
- Deduct and submit statutory deductions made in the County;
- Disbursement of funds to constituency offices within the County and check off returns;
- Advise the CEM on all County financial matters;
- Certify and verify returns and vouchers in the County;
- Write cheques and arranging for withdrawal of cash for County office use;
- Ensure settlement of bills for the services and goods supplied to the County offices;
- Handle leave records, office accommodation, medical issues, and any other administrative matters in the County;
- Manage and update the risk register on electoral operations in the County;
- Maintain leases, County assets titles and ensure security of all IEBC owned and hired premises;
- Deal with procurement matters promptly as may be directed in collaboration with Supply Chain Management Assistant;
- Identify constituency needs and supplies and address them for the County;
- Coordinate and maintain proper staff files, personnel, and accounting records;
- Certify and verify returns from the constituencies;
- Prepare expenditure returns in the County.
How to Apply
Applications are strictly online. Details, including job requirements are available on the Commission website, https://www.iebc.or.ke/iebcjobs
After completing online application, applicants are also required to submit hard copies of application letters, detailed CVs, academic certificates, testimonials, and ID/Passport to:
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
15th floor Anniversary Towers,
P. O. Box 45371-00100,
Canvassing will lead to disqualification of any applicant.