Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LOCATION IEBC Headquarters
DIRECTORATE Directorate of Voter Education, Partnership and Communication
Reporting to the Director of Voter Education, Partnership and Communication, the Manager, Communications and Public Affairs shall be responsible for developing communication
strategies and policies and responding to public enquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and initiate Development and Implementation of Public Communications policies, strategies, work-plans and budgets; and design appropriate programs and infrastructure to facilitate its implementation;
- Initiate and coordinate research and surveys on various media issues and develop appropriate interventions including standards and regulations to manage the function;
- In liaison with ICT, directorate develop effective, reliable and secure external communications system to ensure timely information and public/stakeholder satisfaction and improvement of the Commission’s brand and image;
- Planning and/or directing the development of programs for maintenance of favorable public image and the Commission’s agenda and accomplishments;
- Develop and manage a robust and interactive website, social media and digital platforms;
- Coordinate and organize fora where the Commission’s policies, programs, and projects can be propagated and promoted – oversee content generation for corporate speeches, media and all communication platforms; and serve as the media liaison for the Commission and facilitate effective media coverage of its activities;
- Liaise with the relevant directorates and departments to establish efficient media and public response mechanisms, hotlines, and interactive social media in line with the Commissions website and social media strategy
- Coordinate and prepare media supplements, documentaries, press release/media features and provide periodic reports as may be required; and
- Co-ordinate establishment and management of Commission’s media and information desks at head office and regional levels.
- Supervising, guiding, mentoring, coaching, training, and development of communications personnel in the department
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a degree in Communications, Public Relations or equivalent form from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in Communications or equivalent form a recognized institution;
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of communications work experience, three (3) of which must be at management level;
- Must be a member of a registered professional body with valid membership certificate;
- Must have experience in stakeholder/public relations or engagement;
- Must have experience in editorial and excellent script and speech writing skills;
- Must have adequate knowledge of Kenya’s media;
- h) Must have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- i) Must be a team player and possess good management and leadership skills;
- j) Must be computer literate and possess good analytical skills;
- k) Must be a person of undoubted integrity.
How to Apply
Applications are strictly online. Details, including job requirements are available on the Commission website, https://www.iebc.or.ke/iebcjobs
After completing online application, applicants are also required to submit hard copies of application letters, detailed CVs, academic certificates, testimonials, and ID/Passport to:
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
15th floor Anniversary Towers,
P. O. Box 45371-00100,
Canvassing will lead to disqualification of any applicant.