Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LOCATION IEBC Headquarters
DIRECTORATE Directorate of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)
TERMS OF SERVICE Permanent and Pensionable
The role oversees the Information systems security function in the Commission in order to safeguard information and the infrastructure assets of the Commission by developing and Implementing ICT security strategies and policies, advising the Commission and management on the ICT security issues as well as carrying out security training and awareness, performing ICT security risk assessment and reviews, handling security incidents and collaborating and integrating with partners to leverage on the best ICT security services available in the market.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement information systems security strategies, policies standards and procedures;
- Review, maintain and strengthen the organization’s information system assets risk management framework and programme, incorporating infrastructure and process risk ownership, assessment and mitigation;
- Proactively monitor security activity through continuous research and recommend suitable solutions to strengthen security measures and safeguard company systems and information assets;
- Establish and maintain computer incident capability, and provide appropriate systems specialist support to investigations, forensics and recovery;
- Establish the processes to ensure there is a high degree of integration with the other assurance functions;
- Develop a Risk and business impact analysis process and iteratively implement it on all information systems in alignment with the Commissions requirements;
- Develop, document and maintain an effective systems continuity plans by regularly coordinating mock runs and improving the backup and restore processes and procedures;
- Gain understanding and acceptance from system users throughout the Commission of the continuity plans and their roles/responsibilities within it;
- Establish and maintain systems disaster recovery sites and plans, manage the vendors partnering in the business continuity (BCM) plans where appropriate and ensure their compliance to contracts/Service Level Agreements;
- Managing and coordinating with the respective Directorates in order to develop and implement the business continuity management (BCM) programme;
- Overseeing the development the BCM strategy and BCP plans, liaising with the respective
- Directorates in order to ensure that the BCPs are tested and reviewed;
- Provide expert, timely, and relevant advice to management and the entire organization well as training and awareness on systems security issues and activities in the Commission as well as on the best business continuity practices.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPOINTMENT
- Must have a degree in Information Communication Technology, or related field from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s Degree in Information Communication Technology or a related field from a recognized institution;
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience in ICT, three (3) of which must be at management level; and at least mandatory eight (8) years working experience as a systems administrator in: Networks, Database, Application Systems
- Administration and Security Management;
- Must have professional qualification(s) in Business Continuity, Planning Information and Security Management.- CISA/CISM/CGEIT;
- Must have IT Service Management Certification;
- Should have Project Management skills;
- Should have basic Skills on Business Management and Strategic Management.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be a team player and possess good management and leadership skills;
- Must be a person of undoubted integrity
How to Apply
Applications are strictly online. Details, including job requirements are available on the Commission website, https://www.iebc.or.ke/iebcjobs
After completing online application, applicants are also required to submit hard copies of application letters, detailed CVs, academic certificates, testimonials, and ID/Passport to:
The Commission Secretary/CEO
Independent Electoral and Boundaries Commission,
15th floor Anniversary Towers,
P. O. Box 45371-00100,
Canvassing will lead to disqualification of any applicant.