Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Expectations and responsibilities
The clinical helpdesk agent will report directly to the Senior M&E Coordinator.
- Provide clients with accurate health information in clear, concise language
- Support timely and effective referrals to health facilities
- Ensure clients have a positive experience when interacting with the Jacaranda Q&A platform
- Work in collaboration with the client success and PROMPTS teams to respond to the 500+ questions each day from users via SMS (possibly other channels such as Facebook and Telegram as well) that may need a nursing input
- Ensure sure all questions are responded to within 1 hour (high priority questions) or 4 hours (lower priority questions) during working hours with possibility of overtime and weekends
- Continuously update Q&A database as applicable and alert a supervisor if the messaging platform or FreshDesk stops functioning
- Support when a medical response is needed and elevate as necessary –Seek advanced medical input from other team medical professionals (nurse mentors, ObGyn) when appropriate
- Refer clients to the appropriate partner organization for specific issues (mental health, miscarriage/loss, abuse, etc)
- Follow-up on clients with danger signs via phone and use a referral SOP to connect them to care in a timely and quality manner
- Understand clients’ perspectives and feedback on the services they have received and communicate insights to the Q&A team
- Report regularly to supervisor on message and call metrics, questions contents, answers provided, lessons learnt, successes, challenges, solutions provided and recommendations on how to improve the Q&A.
- Send a weekly report to the supervisor which may include a spreadsheet showing week’s progress
- Send a monthly report latest by 30th/31st on the month’s progress, questions answered, lessons learnt, successes, challenges, solutions provided and recommendations on how to improve the Q&A.
- Train new agents as needed
- Coordinate with other nurses in Jacaranda Health and its programs to make sure clients have positive experiences.
- Hold a diploma or degree in nursing from a recognized university/(medical training) college
- Have at least 3 years’ experience working as a nurse with RH training
- Hold an active Nursing license from the local Nursing Council.
- Basic skills in neonatal/pediatrics nursing an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili; ability to translate written answers between these two languages
- Typing skills and willingness to improve typing skills
- Pass an online typing test. If typing skills require improvement, practice typing speed and accuracy using an online typing training system for 30 minutes per day, reporting progress to supervisor on a weekly basis until adequate speed and accuracy has been reached
- Centered on clients and their experience
- Detail-oriented and accurate in responding to queries from clients
- Self-starter: interested in growing skills, giving and receiving feedback, self-aware
- Experience in customer-facing work, such as customer service, customer success, research, sales is an added advantage
- Passion for mothers and children and providing them with health information is a MUST!
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their application Cover Letters and CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Clinical Helpdesk Agent.
Deadline: January 22nd 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.