Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager in the logistics industry, to lead the team responsible for overseeing smooth operation of courier work.
You will be expected to gain a detailed understanding of all functions and workflows and be responsible for identifying areas of potential operational improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimise all processes with a focus on continuous improvement, aligning warehousing and logistics with demand
- Manage individual and team performance, identifying and addressing staff development needs
- Ensure appropriate manning levels and core competences are in line with business needs
- Plan the production and dispatch of goods in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Effectively plan warehousing to optimise space availability, ensuring safe storage, clear identification and efficient retrieval of goods
- Follow relevant KPI’s and implement a process of measurement, review and reporting
- Drive efficiencies and cost-down initiatives with key suppliers
- Negotiate and maintain relationships with couriers and freight forwarders
- Manage and maintain the legal requirements regarding health and safety at all times
The successful candidate will be required to have the following demonstrable skills and competencies:
- Has proven experience of managing a warehousing and logistics operation within a busy logistics environment
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to deliver first-class business solutions
- Is able to motivate, organise and encourage individual and team performance to ensure all targets are met or exceeded
- Leads by example and efficiently deals with all people management issues
- Has excellent planning and organisational skills, strong attention to detail and an ability to work to timescales and meet deadlines
- Is numerate, analytical and IT literate with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can professionally respond to and deal with customer communication, by email and telephone
- Is an honest, reliable and personable team player willing to ‘pitch in’ as required
- Is confident and highly competent in liaising with customers, suppliers and couriers
- Has relevant Health and Safety knowledge
- Is educated to Degree level
- Proficient communicator at all levels
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating on the subject Operations and Logistics Manager by 27th January 2020.
NB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for jobs placement