Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the buying/sourcing of goods and services within ESA Regional Office based on needs of Save the Children’s programmes, managing requests and relations for a complex portfolio of programmes. The Supply Chain Officer will also support the SCI RO Supply Chain Coordinator in supply market research and analysis, running quotations / tenders and setting up Contracts or Framework Agreements for key supplies and services to ensure value for money is achieved through best in sector sourcing strategies and Procurement processes. This role also includes facility management and general office administration responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain management or equivalent
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS – Level 4) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience working in Procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing complex sourcing processes and supplier relationships
- Ideally knowledge of procurement processes, rules and regulations in the INGO/UN System
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
Contract duration: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents