Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Tangaza University College is moving towards becoming a full university. As befits an institution of higher learning, we are committed to academic excellence and the personal transformation of our students,both lay and religious.
- Performs data entry
- Assists in performing duties at the circulation counter such as ensuring that books are borrowed and returned and in so doing, proper channels are followed: Filing interlibrary loan forms.
- Is responsible for classification of reading materials &assigning information materials their various subjects or descriptors; assigning classification numbers.
- Assists in cataloguing books and other library material i.e. entering bibliographic information of the available information materials into the computer database.
- Assists in record editing i.e. editing and making corrections to the existing catalogs
- Does bookshelving, processing, labeling, accessioning and stamping i.e. assigning accession numbers to the newly acquired information materials; pocket pasting and making corrections to the old accession numbers following the correct procedures.
- Conducts library orientation.
- Conducts e-resources training and answers queries when necessary.
- Information dissemination to all students and faculty.
- Becomes familiar with the operations of a journals library:accessioning, display, shelving, listing new titles and articles and Sorting out journals for binding.
- Must be a holder of a Degree in Library Information Studies,
- Must be conversant with LC Classification system and the Koha Library System.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office Tools
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work activities within established guidelines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide professional and service relationships with College staff, students, alumni, users from other Higher Education Institutions and registered members of the public.
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultures and different nationalities.
How to Apply
All interested and eligible candidates are required to submit a detailed and current CV, an application letter and a certificate of good conduct. Send your complete application electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 21st January 2020.
Tangaza University College is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, national/ethnic origin or disability.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
CANVASSING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION