Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The role holder will be responsible for managing the full scope of Information Systems Audits for the Group.
- Manage and execute IS audits, including identifying and analyzing risks, planning and prioritizing the audit work, conducting audit interviews, managing the audit process, developing audit recommendations and reviewing them with appropriate management, and preparing audit reports;
- Ensure the overall quality, consistency, risk management and adherence to department and professional standards for IS audits, identifying opportunities for audit process improvement, continuous monitoring;
- Performs information control reviews to include system development standards, operating procedures, system security, programming controls, communication controls, backup and disaster recovery, and system maintenance;
- Develop the annual risk based IS audit plan in liaison with the Group Head of Internal Audit;
- Oversee the allocation of budget and time requirements for departmental employees to allocate proper resources for execution of the IS audit plan;
- Develop, based on the documented procedures, detailed information systems audit programs for each identified audit project, giving special attention to potential risk area;
- Determine the scope of audit for the detailed audit tests on all the Group’s automated systems in accordance with the approved Annual Audit Plan;
- Reviewing the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls on new information systems and system changes on existing systems;
- Planning post implementation reviews of newly installed information systems and system changes within the Group; and
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Information Technology or any equivalent IT- related field.
- Master’s degree in IT, Business Administration and Finance or any other related field will be an added advantage
- A Certified Information Systems Analyst (CISA)
- CIA, Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), CPA (K) certified and Certified Financial Analyst (CFA); KASNEB will be an added advantage
- 7- 10 years’ working experience at least 4 – 5 years in management position with at least 4 years’ experience in information systems audit
Technical/ Functional competencies
- Knowledge of internal audit procedures and methodologies
- Report writing skills -ability to develop reports
- Leadership and management -ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner
- High moral and ethical standing