Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CAMRIS is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve development outcomes. We apply a customized, customer-centric business approach to offer greater value to our clients.
CAMRIS seeks a Monitoring, Verification and Reporting (MV&R) Team Leader for the upcoming Nairobi-based USAID/Somalia’s Monitoring, Verification and Reporting Support (MV&R) Activity. This will be a five-year activity to holistically assist USAID Somalia in tracking and monitoring Implementing Partners’ (IPs) performance to ensure they are accomplishing the tasks they set out to achieve. The USAID MV&R mechanism has four core activities:
- Monitor, verify and report on activities carried out by IPs across Somalia, through site visits and the delivery of timely, analytical, qualitative, and quantitative information.
- Conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) on IP indicator data by applying the five data quality standards (validity, integrity, precision, reliability, and timeliness).
- Provide logistical and administrative support, and facilitation services when needed for USAID meetings with partners or other stakeholders as requested by USAID.
- Provide continuous performance management support, including technical assistance and capacity building to USAID IPs and USAID staff.
*This is a forecasted position and it is contingent upon contract award.
- Manage the overall MV&R work-plan and process and solve problems as they arise.
- Oversee all aspects of third-party monitoring activities, such as planning, budgeting, recruitment of consultants, designing and implementing each assigned activity.
- Lead the review, preparation, and editing of tools, protocols and materials for MV&R activities.
- Edit final MV&R reports and presentations to USAID ensuring clarity, quality and USAID usability.
- Support the DCOP with ongoing updates to the PMP and Project and IP Activity MEL plans and generate reports and presentations.
- Assist implementing partners to develop effective indicators.
- Assist the DCOP to conduct data quality assessments (DQAs) in accordance with ADS 201.
- Assist the COP in managing and coordinating the MV&R team and ensures that essential functions are in place, such as procurement and contracting, finance and administration, IT support and in-house technical and subject matter expertise.
- Assist the COP and DCOP with trouble-shooting and problem-solving matters related to field operations including contracting, payments, third-party monitor (TPM) management, and report
- Identify, secure and manage short term technical assistance (STTA) assignments relevant to the delivery of MV&R deliverables.
- Assist the DCOP in the design and delivery of training in performance monitoring topics for USAID and IP staff.
- Ensure gender, ethnic groups, and contextual indicators are consistently and systematically tracked and reported in accordance with USAID data reporting requirements.
- Track, analyze and summarize mission performance monitoring data using graphs, maps, and charts to facilitate mission decision-making.
- Stand in for specified functions or supervises interim MV&R staff as needed.
- A graduate degree in evaluation, international development, statistics, economics, demography, political science, or related field.
- At least 5 years of international experience in performance monitoring of development programs, including development of indicators, performance indicator reference sheets (PIRS), PMPs, MEL plans, log frames, and results frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in building capacity and training staff in the collection, management, analysis, reporting and use of data.
- Demonstrated ability in using monitoring data to review programming, trends, and activity needs and willingness to be flexible and adaptable to respond to new information.
- Substantive experience leveraging performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project management.
- Extensive knowledge of USAID ADS 201 and performance monitoring requirements.
- Prior experience working in a high threat environment.
- Prior experience in supervising long-term field staff and short-term experts of diverse backgrounds in the areas of performance monitoring or evaluation.
- Excellent English writing, speaking and presentation skills.