Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Credit Specialist’s primary role is enabling partner banks to utilize the Program Loan Guaranty Facility (LGF) to increase lending to agribusiness SMEs and associated agribusiness groups, associations, cooperatives, etc. Additional duties shall include support to the banks’ training function, including training bank staff, providing one- on-one assistance to loan officers, and monitoring loan related issues, reporting, and borrower performance and coordination of technical assistance initiatives to partnering financial institutions.
The Credit Specialist shall report to the Credit Director.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree in related field
· Certified Public Accountant or equivalent is preferred
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business banking and credit risk evaluations
· Proven experience working with small and medium enterprises (SMEs), groups, associations, cooperatives in lending. Experience in agriculture lending is preferred
· Proven experience in credit risk reviews and loan monitoring
· Experience in assessing, analyzing and interpreting financial reports
· Experience in leading trainings, bank training preferred
· Experience in working with a loan guaranty facility preferred
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with professional contacts
· Demonstrate flexibility, cultural sensitivity when working with NGO partners, and the ability to adapt Global Communities policies and procedures to the local context
· Proven organization, record keeping and administration skills
· Ability to work constructively in a team
· Good written and verbal communication skills; able to fit in broader reporting matrix
· Ability to interact clearly and effectively with Program counterparts
· Excellent command of English language including written and spoken English
· Effective use of written and spoken Kiswahili
· Based in the Nairobi office. Travel outside of Nairobi as required to perform duties; East Africa travel may also be required
· Able to sit at a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should forward their updated CV and application letter ONLY to email@example.com with clear subject: CREDIT SPECIALIST on or by January 25, 2020 latest.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer.