Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
HI identified the need for a volunteer to work together with the PROGRAMME ACCOUNTANT in order to enable the Accounts office work more effectively and efficiently.
GENERAL OBJECTIVE OF THE VOLUNTEERSHIP
To support in the smooth running of Accounts office operations
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVE OF THE VOLUNTEERSHIP
The Volunteer is to contribute to a variety of accounting activities by assisting the Accounts office met the deadlines have been stipulated.
PLANNED ACTIVITIES OF THE VOLUNTEER
The Volunteer will work closely with and report directly to the Programme Accountant. He /she will be directly contributing in the following activities:
-Recording cash and bank transactions in the log books
-Reconciliation of bank statements
-Entering Accounting information on documents -Filing as directed by Programme Accountant.
-Supporting the Programme Accountant in verifying the accountancy
-Scanning of finance documents
-Any other task assigned in Finance department
- Timely processing of accounts transactions and documentation.
- Reporting deadlines are met.
- Improved sharing of accounts section workload
- Clear understanding of the functioning of the accountancy department in the setting of an NGO especially for the Volunteer.
DURATION AND LOCATION OF THE VOLUNTEERSHIP
The volunteership is for a period of three months renewable for a further three months subject to performance. He/she will only be receiving a daily meal and transport allowance of Kshs. 800 per working day ( Monday to Friday), paid once a month in advance.
The volunteer will be based in Nairobi.
- Must have at least CPA Part II OR a Bachelor degree in Commerce/Business
- Prior working experience is desirable but not a must.
- Good attitude and interpersonal skills
- Should be available for duration of not less than three months.
- Candidates should be able to work in a team as well as perform a range of tasks under the supervision of the Programme Accountant.
The Volunteer is to comply with the Staff regulations for HI Tanzania – Uganda – Kenya Programme
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right candidate for this position, kindly send your application along with an up-to-date CV(including 3 referees with their current official contacts) by email to :- email@example.com on or before 21st January, 2020, 5:00 pm. The email subject line should be marked: “Application for Accounts Volunteer position- Nairobi”
Only short listed candidates with the above qualifications and skills will be contacted.
Please do not send your academic and other testimonials they will be requested at a later stage.
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females and Persons with
Disabilities are encouraged to apply