Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
REACH TRUCK OPERATOR
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Warehouse Reach Truck Operator is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach-truck, pallet jack or other heavy material handling equipment as required.
The operator must successfully pass both a theoretical and physical driving test from a NITA (National Industrial Training Authority) Registered Training Institute before they are permitted to drive a Reach Truck.
The Operator must follow the ICRC warehouse safety instructions, use the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and safety tools.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Use material handling equipment (MHE) to load and unload designated vehicles/trailers;
- Use MHE to move and store materials within the warehouse;
- Use MHE to pick, verify and pack orders according to operational standard practice;
- Upon request use MHE to transfer goods ready for dispatch between warehouses;
- In liaison with the warehouse store keeper, neatly arrange cargo awaiting dispatch on the racks;
- Conduct Pre and Post audits for safe operational condition of MHE;
- Check and ensure the MHE is clean and maintained at the ICRC workshop when due for service;
- Keeps the facility’s MHE clean and tidy;
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Valid driving license with certification of forklift operation;
- Minimum KCSE or equivalent;
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar field;
- Good communication skills;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
How to Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 24th January 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via: E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Reach Truck Operator must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required valid driving license & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.