Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ICRC Logistic Support Centre in Nairobi is recruiting an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of:
REGIONAL DEMAND PLANNER
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Regional Demand Planner is responsible for providing a consolidated overview of potential and firm demand in their assigned region. S/he ensures that all requests are handled efficiently and effectively to meet needs in the field and makes information available to stakeholders.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supports the forecasters of the region in raising awareness to Countries Logistics Coordinator, Head of Delegation(HOD)and respective coordinators on the importance of maintaining an accurate forecast and the impact this has on effective on time in full (OTIF) deliveries;
- Enforce the standard Collaborative Planning (CP) meeting structure across the region to provide a cohesive and strategic platform between Programs, Logistics and Finance departments;
- Establish a monthly planning cycle building on the CP to ensure all activities are aligned in support of anticipated demand;
- Provide monthly dashboard to report forecast accuracy, main trends and deviations;
- Provide training, information dissemination and support where required to solve complex requirements;
- Monitors material resources planning (MRP) suggestions, analyses supply and demand and makes appropriate recommendations to improve forecasting accuracy;
- Contributes to defining the delegation’s supply network;
- Responsible for the delegation’s consolidated demand figures and proposes/monitors buffer stock based on their analysis and defines best supply patterns for the region;
Minimum Requirements and competencies
- Holder of a Master’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Demand and Supply Planning;
- Previous working experience with international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (knowledge of French is an asset);
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), with experience in ERPs;
- Strong team leadership skills and supervision experience;
- Strong negotiation and communication skills;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- 10% travel is expected;
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen;
How to Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 24th January 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via: E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The reference Regional Demand Planner must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.