Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) has been operational in Kenya for 35 years. It is the largest provider of family planning services and offers life-saving and life-enhancing services to men and women of all ages through a range or sexual and reproductive health service through its own clinic outlets, a network of franchise outlets and the marketing of RH commodities. In addition, MSK has an MCH 24 bed nursing home in Nairobi.
Job Purpose: The Obstetrician & Gynaecologist is fully responsible to provide high standards of clinical practice and expertise in the assessment, investigation, diagnosis and treatment of MSK’s clients in obstetrics & gynaecology. S/he will be involved in continuous clinical quality improvement activities of MSK and Eastleigh Nursing Home to achieve the goals of MSI.
- Provide balanced, evidence-based medical care to clients. Responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analysing the test results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on clients’ follow- up. Prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialised medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease. He/ She must take daily rounds for his/ her IPD clients and referred clients.
- Explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the clients and his/ her attendants.
- Work in collaboration with Quality Department and Regional Medical Development Team to strengthen gynaecological services in MSK health facilities. Lead the departmental quality improvement and client safety. Inculcate teamwork and a multidisciplinary approach to client management. S/he will contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of MSK and his/ her department.
- Drive the growth and expansion of the scope of services within the department. Assist the Nursing Home Manager in marketing of Obstetrics and Gynaecology services offered by the Nursing Home.
- Support medical education as part of continuing professional development services within the department and the organization. Build the capacity of medical officers, health workers and clinical staff in essential and emergency maternal obstetrics care through training, job coaching, mentoring and support supervision.
Admit the clients under his/ her care whenever indicated. Refer clients to other specialists when necessary, also consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
- Ensure the proper use and maintenance of all equipment and assets in the Obstetrics and Gynaecology unit.
- Conduct periodic general and Obstetrics & Gynaecology health related talks to enhance healthy living for staff, corporate and individual clients.
- Ensure clients medical records are completed on time and also update the progress notes in time. He/She should authenticate medical records/ progress notes. He/ She must also review junior medical staff client notes. He/she is also responsible for approving the Discharge Summary & follow-up Medical Report of clients.
- The Obs/Gynae will ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules,regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision ofclinical services.
- He/she will direct and coordinate activities of clinical officers, nurses, care assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
- He/she will serve on Departmental / Nursing Home Committees as requested.
- He/she will be On-Call as per Clinical policy guidelines, as needed and will assume the duties of Coordinator of the Department.
- He/she will be responsible for all emergencies in the Nursing Home.
- He/she will ensure that reports and information as required by MSK’s Management are submitted on time.
- MMed in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from a recognized University.
- Specialist Recognition by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board.
- Registered, licenced and retained by the Kenya Medical Practitioners’ and Dentists’ Board, with a current private practising license.
- At least two years post graduate working experience.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- IT knowledge and experience with computer applications.
How to Apply
Suitable and qualified candidates should email one document combining an application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th February, 2020. The subject of the email should read Obstetrician/ Gynaecologist. Do not attach certificates and testimonials.
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not ask for fees at any stage of the recruitment process. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.