Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The candidate will be responsible for on boarding, managing existing and new SME clients, increasing uptake and usage of the Bank products, services and resources in order to maximize the value of the business relationships while ensuring profitability for the Bank and the Client.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Strategy & Policy Implementation
- Ensures achievement of targets and other goals outlined in the units Key Result Indicators.
- Support the implementation of the Bank’s lending policy and procedures.
- Loan origination for new and existing credit facilities within the limits and criteria stipulated by the Bank’s policy and guidelines.
Business Development and Relationship Management
- Provide advice on promoting, selling and structuring a wide and diverse range of financial solutions customized to best meet the financial needs of SME customers.
- Develop a target market database of clients in the Bank’s desired industries/sectors, have well defined call objectives and drive a robust calling program that will generate sales and business for the Bank.
- Mine and analyse customer data to identify and plan for expansion and/or additional business opportunities.
- Perform a proactive liaison role between customers and back office service operations and credit functions.
- Interact frequently and closely with clients to analyse needs, assist clients to better understand their financial requirements and tailor creative solutions to meet individual customer segment needs.
- Accurately and efficiently process customer mandates/documentation requirements for financial facilities.
- Work closely with Credit Analysts and Credit Risk to initiate business deal proposals for new facilities, or facility modifications that require the assessment of credit or other risks, and motivate the deal with insightful information regarding business strengths and vulnerabilities.
- Facilitate renewal of revolving lines of credit in a timely manner as guided by the Bank’s policies and procedures.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Monitor referrals daily to ensure that client facilities are managed within the parameters set by Credit Risk and exercise discretion regarding account conduct based on a close knowledge and understanding of client activities.
- Proactively identify potential problem accounts and formulate appropriate risk mitigants.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of facility covenants to ensure performance and profitability.
- Provide regular call reports for all facilities to enhance Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Monitor service delivery to bank customers to ensure high levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
Risk and Compliance
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against inherent operational and business risks.
- Ensure implementation and compliance with operational policies and procedures, AML/CFT Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree would be an added advantage
- University degree with minimum of Second-Class Honors, Upper Division
- KCSE B- with Maths – C+ and English – C+
- Diploma in Banking – CKIB/AKIB/ACIB
- Diploma in Sales & Marketing would be an added advantage
- At least 5 years Banking experience in a Managerial Position
- At least 3 Years in Relationship Management within the banking industry
- Proven experience as a Client Relationship Manager
- Problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Aptitude for fostering positive relationships
- Teamwork and leadership skills
- Customer-oriented mindset