Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Provide bus / van transportation services for University employees, students, and visitors including special events and park-and-ride operations, ensuring transportation system and passenger safety. Monitor equipment and performs limited maintenance. Provides information and public affairs services.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Maintain records of work performed; make timely reports of accidents, incidents & unusual occurrences;
· To pick up and drop off students/staff to various scheduled destinations
· To exercise knowledge of first-aid procedures when need arises;
· To ensure University vehicles are serviced as scheduled;
· To report any defects on University vehicles to the supervisor;
· To ensure safety of passengers in the bus during academic trips and sporting activities;
· Perform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checking the oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield, wipers, water and tyre pressures and advise on further maintenance aspects for the vehicle;
· Be responsible for the safety and security of bus or vehicle assigned;
· To abide by all Traffic Laws when handling the University vehicle.
· Provides information and other general assistance to the university community and its visitors.
· To collect and deliver University mail or packages to assigned destinations within and outside the University;
· Ensure cleanliness of University vehicles at all times;
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· KCSE Certificate level training;
· Valid driving License Class BCE / Government Grade Test 2 or above
· Mechanical background & training.
· 5 to 6 years minimum of relevant work experience
· Certificate of Good Conduct
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Records maintenance skills.
· Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
· Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who satisfy the requirements below should forward their applications accompanied by a detailed CV, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees. The applications should reach the undersigned not later than 28th January 2020. The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
The Management University of Africa is an equal opportunity employer.
THE VICE – CHANCELLOR
The Management University of Africa
P. O. Box 29677 – 00100, NAIROBI Email: email@example.com