Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The main purpose of the position is to provide technical support in the Accounting process through financial reporting and internal control management.
SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the finance in preparing the financial reports timely and accurate and providing the Acting Head of Finance and Operations with information for stakeholder use.
· Ensuring the internal controls within the computerized accounting systems are safeguarded and working well.
· Ensuring all financial documents from the field are timely and accurately posted for the purposes of generating Grant and National Office financial reports.
· Responsible for managing the fixed assets register and all accounting requirements in the assets management e.g. reconciliation of assets with the Accounting system records.
· Reviewing all payments in line with the laid down policies and procedures before approval for payment is done.
· Generating financial analyses based on the monthly financial reports and providing guidance to the Acting Head of Finance and Operations on major accounting issues that require redress.
· Ensuring that fund requests are received, reviewed, analyzed and disbursed within the given timeframe.
· Ensuring that all statutory payments are made on time as required by law.
· Periodically reviewing the balance sheet accounts and ensuring they are kept current and can be easily identified and reconciled.
· Ensuring that accounting system routine run efficiently and any issues of concern brought the attention of the Acting Head of Finance and Operations for action.
· Review bank reconciliations and ensure they are prepared each month per finance procedures.
· Tracking the employee advances regularly and following up the recovery process or management action.
· Design financial analysis tools that can generate financial information for decision making based on the Accounting database.
· Backing up accounting data from the accounting system on a monthly basis and securing it as per laid down guidelines.
· Any other duties that are not specifically stated above but will necessarily come within the framework of your operation shall be assigned to you from time to time by the Acting Head of Finance & Operations.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
-Bachelor of Commerce(Accounting/Finance), Bachelor of Business Administration
· Knowledge of Computer software – Microsoft Excel required. Knowledge of Serenic Navigator or other accounting software an added advantage
· Pro-activeness, creativity, assertiveness and analytical skills
· Integrity and Honesty.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional. If you would like to join this dynamic team, please submit your application to email@example.com, quoting the position in the email subject matter, by 31st January 2020.
Each application should be addressed to the Regional Human Resources Manager and include the following:
· An updated CV; and
· An application letter which should include remuneration requirements and contact information for three work-related referees.
Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Adeso is an equal opportunity employer.