Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The office holder will be responsible to the Deputy Director, Internal Audit for effective management of the Audit Department operations, coordination and implementation of audit policies, procedures, norms and standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out regular risk assurance, quality control and compliance tests on the
Authority’s operating systems, policies and procedures and make necessary
- Manage the audit section operations effectively, coordinate and implement audit
policies, procedures, norms and standards;
- Design audit strategies, policies and procedures that ensure the organization’s
compliance in line with its strategy;
- Develop and implement audit schedules and programs; review adequacy of existing
control systems and recommend measures to enhance them;
- Document audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing
criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes and
- liaise with external auditors of the authority to ensure external audits and financial
reporting processes are efficient and effective;
- Conduct appropriate (governance and performance) assessment exercises so as to
streamline the Authority’s performance and governance processes; and
- Oversee the development of the annual audit plan.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must have been
at a middle management position in a large organization;
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Economics or a
related field from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Accounting, Finance or in a
related discipline from a recognized institution
- Passed Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination; Association
of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA);
- A Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized
- Attended and successfully completed a certificate course in Public Financial
- Management from a recognized institution;
- Registered member of ICPAK, and IIA or ISACA in good standing;
- Computer proficiency; and
- Fulfilled requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
How To Apply
Candidates interested in the above position are expected to obtain and submit the following documents together with their applications:
1. Clearance Certificate from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID);
2. Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
3. Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
4. Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) and
5. Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
Qualified candidates should apply in confidence indicating the Job Ref. No. on both the application and envelope to the address below, enclosing CVs with full details of educational background and professional qualifications. The application should also have copies of certificates, relevant testimonials and the National ID card. Applications may be deposited at the Authority’s Head Office, Hill Park building, Ground Floor, Upper Hill Road, Nairobi, in the application box or posted to:
The Director General
National Transport and Safety Authority
Hill Park Plaza, Upper Hill Road
P.O. Box, 3602 -00506
All applications should be received not later than 5:00pm on Friday 31st January,2020.