Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Reports to: Livelihoods Coordinator
Purpose of the job
The Project Liaison Officer will perform awareness creation and marketing activities of AAHI economic activities including Safe from the start project (Ufundi Bunifu project) and business incubation related activities from planning to implementation and monitoring. She /He will also ensure that business relationship with Local Service Enterprise (BOWA HOPE) and any other local social enterprise that will be engaged is maintained to increased economic opportunities for survivors of SGBV in Kakuma/Kalobeyei and start-up businesses. S/He will be responsible to ensure that the approaches used during implementation are accurate and effective, conforming to the global best practice while staying relevant to the context of the project
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Project Liaison Officer will be working closely with AAHI (Kenya Programme) and BAWA HOPE (BH) to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Plan, prepare and manage the publication and distribution of publicity materials
- Devise marketing campaigns for safe from the start and AAHI interventions
- Organise a calendar of marketing events, such as dinners, promotions, exhibitions, product launches, workshops, open days or fundraising activities
- Represent the company at events as directed by the supervisor
- Undertake market research and establish the best way to reach target groups
- Write, edit and proofread marketing material for use in different channels
- Oversee and update the website(s) in liaison with AAHI communications officer
- Develop and communicate through the organisation’s CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system
- Coordinate with outside agencies, for example designers, to produce marketing material such as stationery and web pages
- He/she will facilitate the visits for BH in Kakuma. Mobilize the groups and coordinate the trainings. (date, time, transport, refreshments).
- He/she will manage the stock of raw materials at the business centre production site.
- He/she will organise in liaison with the administrative officer for BH staff (accommodations, transport).
- He/she will join the monitoring visits with UNHCR staff and BH.
- He/she will be responsible of the management of the equipment/maintenance of the production tools at the production centre.
- Be directly involved in the implementation of proposed initiatives ensuring adherence to laid down engagement policies.
- Support the business groups to analyse and develop marketing strategies looking at aspects such as planning where and how much to sell the art and design product.
- Develop and supervise implementation of a capacity building program that will strengthen the business development value chain.
- Keep the Livelihood Coordinator informed on progress of the various initiatives, monitoring their progress and ensuring that they remain relevant and appreciated by the beneficiaries
- Be responsible for ensuring that the business interventions are effective in terms of creating self-reliance in the PoC mind set and that activities undertaken are profitable and sustainable in the life of PoC.
- Ensure that the social economic and skills of new PoC are captured in basic PoC data.
- Ensure that new PoC receive life skills and financial literacy training that prepares them for selfreliance during their stay in the camp.
- Plan for a target number of PoC to receive relevant training to deepen their involvement in business and livelihood (artisan) activities in the camp.
- Be responsible for proper collection, storage and dissemination of data on PoC economic activities, clearly identifying gaps and instituting interventions to fill the gaps in PoC knowledge, attitude and practice in livelihoods and self-reliance
- Ensure that UNHCR and other partners stay informed about progress and ensure continued support and buy-in from all stakeholders if any changes are envisaged.
- The Liaison officer will supervise, liaise closely with and ensure effectiveness of the LSE (BAWA HOPE) operations to ensure that all the activities are coordinated and in sync with each other to ensure alignment with the overall goal of the project.
- Conceptualization, innovation, planning and management of the Ufundi Ubunifu project as well as the transfer of knowledge and skills.
- Prepare the necessary reports as per UNHCR guidelines and handle reporting requirement in a timely manner.
- Formulation, development and planning of goals and objectives of the Ufundi Ubunifu program.
- Work closely with the Livelihoods coordinator on material and strategies to support the programme.
- Monthly work (action) plans for the program, ensuring objectives and targets are achieved.
- To promote communication between all the stakeholders in order to encourage the sharing of information and continual development and improvement of the livelihoods service i.e. promoting professional learning and development as well as seeking to encourage a unity of vision and purpose among the PoC.
- To provide input to proposals and reporting that relates to livelihoods as and when requested by the Area Manager and the Kenya Country Program Manager.
- Offer of advice and support to livelihoods program in line with the vision and mission of AAHI and UNHCR.
- Perform any other functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of services in the organization
- Prepare media stories to market AAHI activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Business journalism, English, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in Marketing and Economic Development studies, and/or experience in related fields,
- Minimum five (5) years’ work experience three (3) of which must be in a similar role Possess proven practical knowledge of the program development cycle and design and management qualities.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment;
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals
- Able to manage relationships to achieve results.
- Must have worked with artistic groups either dealing in Beadwork, weaving and design.
- Project management Field experience.
- Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region concerned.
- Proficiency in local language(s).
- Skilled in influencing and obtaining cooperation of individuals not under supervisory control
Additional Skills & Competences
- Good communicational skills (written and spoken)
- Organisational and managerial skills
- ICT specialty (email, Spread-sheets, MS-word, job-related software, etc.)
- Team-work and participation Level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Technical side of the job (numeracy, report-writing, critical thinking, leadership, etc.)
- INGO experience and understanding of humanitarian sector
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and values.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 3 rd February, 2020. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates. AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents. Selection will be done on a rolling basis.