Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Human Resource (HR) and Administration Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for providing the day to day Human Resource support in to the Company as well as providing information and advice to all staff on various HR issues. S/He will be responsible for the administration of the company Human Resource Integrated System.
- Provide administrative and HR operational support including attending to staff queries on HR policies & procedures
- Lead and monitor enforcement and compliance to the approved HR policies and procedures at all times. Provide training to staff on change of employment laws and advise the Directors on the same
- Manage the administration of the HR related systems and databases while ensuring utmost accuracy of information and support services to the designated users and departments
- Lead employee recruitment and prepare HR documents such as employment contracts, using standard templates
- Coordinate the employee induction process for the new recruits; this includes channeling HR data and information for required payroll related action
- Support the HR planning process by creating regular reports and presentations on HR metrics
- Analysis of Leave and absence management which involves analyzing on the status of leave balances and liabilities;
- Support the payroll department by providing relevant employee information.
- Administer the medical scheme and liaise with external partners, such as insurance vendors, unions in a bid to ensure legal compliance
- Monitor staff benefits with the service providers through review of various reports and liaising with staff for appropriate action as necessary
- Organize and maintain personnel records and continuously update internal databases. Create, update and maintain safe custody of all staff records and files on a continuous basis
- Receive and respond to staff queries on human resource related issues
- Coordinate staff exits through receipt of resignation, circulation of resignation letter to relevant parties, follow up to ensure exit interviews are conducted, providing documentation to payroll and issue certificate of service once file is closed
- Organize and document the entire disciplinary hearing process and facilitate the implementation of recommendations
- Document and report on-going HR initiatives in line with reporting requirements
- Bachelors Degree preferably in business or related field;
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management; and
- Member of IHRM or a relevant professional body.
- At least three (3) practical experience as a human resource administrator or generalist;
- Technical skills in most if not all aspects of human resource management;
- Working knowledge of the Kenyan Labour laws
- IT savvy with prior experience working with HR software (like HRIS or HRMS);
- Good team player with an ability to work in a diverse environment;
- Good organizational and administrative skills with an ability to prioritize
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality when dealing with internal and external customers
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have a high sense of accuracy and attention for detail.
- Have good problem analysis and reporting skills
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.