Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Human Resources Manager will work under the Registrar ((Administration and Planning).
The successful candidate will provide strategic planning and guidance in the development, coordination and implementation of Human Resources in the University. She/he will identify and assess university human resource needs including recruitment, training, employee welfare and retirement benefits. She/he will provide timely and accurate information to the University for planning and managerial decision-making.
She/he will deal in HR matters such as appointments, promotions, retirement, disciplinary action, sanction of leave, incentive pertaining to both teaching and non-teaching staff, Coordinate the design, implementation and maintenance of appropriate human resources policies, procedures and systems that attract and retain qualified and experienced Human resource.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Human resources management, business administration, or a related field
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a Human Resource office
- Should demonstrate skills in interpersonal communication, decision-making, organization, leadership, and speaking
- Should possess the ability to use human resource management
The managerial and operative functions of the Human Resources Manager will include:
- Provision of leadership for Human Resources Strategic Planning by collecting, analyzing and identifying current and future Human Resources needs within the
- Implement all Human Resources policies, programmes, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Develop and monitor an annual budget that includes Human Resources services, employee recognition, sports teams and community events support, company philanthropic giving, and benefits
- Oversee compliance with regulatory concerns regarding
- Organize and allocate tasks to staff as per their skills and activities aimed at achieving the overall goals of the
- Direct and activate employees so that they contribute maximum towards organizational goals. Identify the potentialities of employee through motivation and
- Plan, organize and direct employee performance by checking, verifying and monitoring achievement according to performance targets and goals and control deviations from the set plan and
- Assist in recruitment and selection the right candidates for the
- Issue job descriptions, required qualifications, skills, work experience required for specific job positions, duties and responsibilities and conduct job
- Manage performance and improve systems by check and analyzing employee job performance by appraising them
- Assess and determine employee training needs skills and knowledge to enable them perform their job effectively.
- Ensure that the payroll is checked and that different job types are compensated accordingly. Motivate and provide incentives, bonus, benefits related to a job
- Ensure employees get services, benefits and provide facilities to enhance employee well- being.
- Retain employees by minimizing turnover and sustaining best performing employees within the
- Maintain cordial Labour Relations with regards to the unionized workforce
- Engage in industrial relations for best Management /Union understanding on wages, promotions, work conditions, welfare activities, leadership, employee satisfaction and other key
- Document and maintain employee records and information including employment history, work hours, earning history
- Health and safety of the
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and
- Develop and administer programmes, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the University strategic
- Prepare periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal
How to Apply
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of application letters giving details of their age, Education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s day telephone and email address, and enclosing duly certified copies of certificates and testimonials and giving names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants’ competence accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Applicants should request their referees to write and send their confidential recommendation letters on their behalf directly to the undersigned. The name and the reference number of the position for which application is made should be clearly indicated on the envelope.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday 31st January, 2020 at 5 p.m.
P.O Box 109-60400
Chuka University is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.