Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
You are a highly driven professional, well experienced, knowledgeable in corporate learning and development and well exposed to maintenance training. You have the ability to set stretching goals for self and team while continuously pushing for results and you take personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results to required standards. You demonstrate motivation, commitment and perseverance. You possess excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends with the Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions. Is this your profile? Then taking up this position at Kenya Airways, the place for those looking to new horizons, will be an excellent step for you.
Reporting Manager, Technical Training, the role holder will be responsible for planning, developing and executing training operations to ensure that the curriculum and quality of maintenance training meets Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA)/East African School of Aviation (EASA) and Kenya Airways requirements and standards.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Prepare monthly training schedules and allocate instructors to execute the plans to meet operational skills demands.
- Carry out training needs analysis (TNA) and design required courses/trainings to close identified gaps as need arises.
- Prepare and update training manuals/training notes to ensure that up-to date information is delivered to maintenance personnel.
- Conduct aircraft type, refresher and continuation courses for aircraft maintenance personnel to enable them to obtain and sustain maintenance licenses / approvals from Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA)/East African School of Aviation (EASA) and Kenya airways.
- Conduct transit authorization courses (A-rating) for technicians with License Without Type Rating (LWTR) so that they are authorized to handle transit checks.
- Prepare, review, administer and mark the relevant basic and aircraft type examinations for the aircraft maintenance personnel to assess the training and knowledge acquired.
- Evaluate all training feedbacks for corrective actions.
- Supervise other instructors to ensure training activities are executed as per the training plan.
- Coach, mentor and guide other instructors to ensure that all instructions done meet the company requirements and those of the Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA).
- Coach and mentor apprentices and graduate trainees.
- Conduct aircraft type practical trainings for engineers and technicians after the theoretical trainings.
- Prepare and conduct simulator training as need arises to meet Kenya Airways operational needs.
- Prepare and conduct specialized and modular courses as need arises to meet business requirements.
- Prepare and conduct initial and refresher regulatory trainings as per Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA)/East African School of Aviation (EASA) requirements.
- Prepare progress and assessment reports on course participants for follow up and recommendations to the Manager. Technical Training.
- Organize and administer the apprenticeship program to ensure successful completion.
- Organize and administer the graduate engineering program to ensure successful completion.
- Aeronautical/Mechanical/Electrical/Electronic degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized institution with at least 8 years aircraft maintenance teaching experience with a minimum of 6 years on type.
- At least one basic KCAA or equivalent maintenance license.
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and revising training curriculum.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting simulator training and OJT on aircraft type approved/authorized on.
- In-depth Working knowledge of all manuals and documents used in aircraft Maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of KCARs, EASA, FAA and other relevant National Airworthiness Authorities regulations.
- Successful completion of at least three approved aircraft type courses.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure.
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills, including ability to interact with and influence people at all levels.