Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Highly adaptable, dynamic, thorough and experienced in financial accounting with latitude and self-drive to excel in finance. Does this sound like a match for you? If yes, Kenya Airways is the ideal place to elevate you to the next career level where an idea today can be set in motion tomorrow.
Reporting to the Head, Accounting & Tax, the role holder will be involved in the formulation, maintaining, enforcing and controlling financial policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements. He/she will also be tasked with the responsibility of supporting ground services section and cargo in the day to day operations.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Prepare half year and end year financial statements of the subsidiary.
- Review weekly and monthly management reports to ensure correctness, completeness and accuracy to facilitate management decision-making.
- Develop annual budgets and budgetary control systems to ensure close monitoring of company performance for decision making.
- Develop and motivate staff to enhance productivity and capability for career growth.
- Enforce credit, purchasing and financial policies to safeguard company resources.
- Control company funds to ensure adequate working capital and transfer of excess funds to Head Office main account.
- Enforce preparation of VAT, withholding tax and corporation tax returns to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Develop and maintain relationships with third parties (e.g. banks, customers, suppliers, auditors) to enhance corporate image.
- Ensure effective debtor management and control for both cargo and ramp handling debtors
- Ensure revenue collection compliance for both Mombasa and Nairobi station.
- Ensure a robust revenue assurance mechanism is in place to safeguard against any revenue loss.
- Manage cost for the section as well as ensuring internal controls and risk management procedures are adhered to.
- Support ground services in the customer negotiation and contracting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance with at least 5 years’ experience in finance.
- Full accounting Qualification – CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
- Demonstration of in-depth appreciation of operational risk and quality standards while driving service excellence.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills and professional with an enthusiastic attitude and focus on results.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills.