Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to email@example.com with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Principal Accountant J/G N (3 Positions)
Terms of Service: – Permanent
Salary Scale: 55,150 – 82,330 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by SRC from time to time.
The Principal Accountant will be deployed to head the departmental accounting unit or deployed to the accounting unit.
- Advice the department on all financial matters
- Interpretation and implementation of financial regulation and procedures, circulars, letters and instructions.
- Spearheading preparations of departmental annual and supplementary budgets estimates
- Ensuring departmental budget implementation as per the Appropriations Act
- Authorization of payment
- Preparation of timely and quality management financial reports which include monthly bank reconciliation statements and quarterly financial reports
- Preparation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of responses to external audit reports on departmental financial matters
- Supervision, deployment, setting targets and appraisal of departmental accounts staff
- Ensuring safe custody of assets and record management of the department
- Ensuring effective internal control system in the department
- A Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option)
- Passed Part III of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or its recognized equivalent;
- Served in the grade of Chief Accountant, Job Group ‘M’ or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or private Sector for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Registered with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) and Registration of Accountants Board (RAB).
- Attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Integrity and commitment to produce results;
- Creative and innovative, technical problem solving, transformative and resource management skills;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Good organization and supervisory skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
- Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
- Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applicants can choose to;
- Deliver the form to the Office of the Secretary; County Public Service Board at the Kilifi Complex Centre, Tuskys Building 2nd Floor
- Address it to;-
THE SECRETARY, COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
KILIFI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
P.O BOX 491-80108
All applications in hard copy stating the post applied for should be received not later than 5.00pm on 13th day of February, 2020.
Kilifi County is an equal opportunity employer hence encourages women and physically challenged persons to apply.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.