Increase your chances of landing a job interview, get a free verbal critique of your resume send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with REVIEW in caps as the subject line. Send your resume for possible placement and free job application guidelines.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
- Deadline for application: 31st January 2020
- Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
- Duty Station/Mission: Nairobi, Kenya/ MSF Belgium
- Duration: Fixed term (renewable) contract
Médecins Sans Frontières Belgium is looking to fill the position of a Supply Chain Officer, based in Nairobi County. The successful candidate will be under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager.
Objective of the Position:
- Organizing and supervising the daily supply chain activities and the teams associated, in the coordination and/or project level, according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the optimal running of the mission.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
She/he will perform the following main tasks, among others:
- Responsible for the order, purchase, stock and freight management in the coordination or in the project level, monitoring and ensuring an efficient implementation of the overall daily supply chain activities.
- Responsible for the supply database and the correct filing and archiving of the supply documentation.
- Informing the Line Manager of any major issue and draws-up all required reporting, in order to keep updated and reliable information that will help in decision-making.
- Follow up evolution of the national importation regulations, shares the information and anticipates impacts.
- Ensure international, regional and national freight management is done according to the laid down supply chain procedures.
- Receive orders and deliveries, identify potential disparities against cargo manifest or others and reporting them.
- Ensure that all supplies are correctly stored, fully identified and easily accessible.
- Participate in regular stock inventories.
Qualifications & Requirements:
Education: Diploma in Supply Chain with extensive training/ experience in supply chain management; Or a Degree in Supply Chain Management. Proven knowledge of Unifield system is an added advantage.
Experience: Essential working experience of at least three years in a similar position.
Skills/ Competences: Flexible; Cultural Sensitive; Result Oriented; Attentive to details; Organized & Planning; team player.
Language: Proficiency in written and oral English & Swahili.
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to ONLY submit a motivation letter and an updated curriculum vitae, by email (in pdf-format), mentioning on the subject email line “Supply Chain Officer”, to:
The HR Coordinator
Medecins Sans Frontieres Belgium (Kenya)
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee