Would you like to get more call backs when applying for jobs? send your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Broad Function: Daily management, coordination, direction and control of all plant operations including Production, Quality Assurance and Maintenance to achieve cost-effective and optimum production while ensuring compliance with all statutory labour, safety, environmental and corporate policies and regulations.
Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping/deliveries
Specific Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Lead plant production, quality and maintenance personnel in day to day activities to achieve optimum productivity from safe and efficiently maintained equipment and facilities.
- Ensure the efficient processing of incoming materials and goods while ensuring end product meets set quality standards in liaison with external regulatory and inspection bodies
- Ensure preventative maintenance and repairs of all machinery and equipment to minimize downtime, increase reliability and improve machine availability.
- Work with Plant Engineers and Supervisors in planning, budgeting, organizing resources, executing work plans, monitor production and quality, coordinate priorities, resolve issues and participate in special projects and work schedules.
- Hire, direct, coach and mentor staff to ensure performance targets are being met.
- Ensure that all staff subordinates are suitably trained and qualified on safety for the various tasks and jobs they must complete. This includes but not limited to Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO), fall arrest, confined space entry, hot work permits, fire extinguishers etc.
- Plan, organize, implement and monitor work schedules and ensure that external supplies are consistent with the normal needs of the plant and special projects.
- Enforce occupational health and safety and ensure site compliance to all statutory labour, safety, health and environmental regulations. Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are being met by supporting and participating in regular Health & Safety meetings.
- In conjunction with management, prepare, monitor and control plant budget
- Prepare management reports as required, update General Manager and Managing Director on plant operational status and actively participate in management meetings
- Enforce occupational health and safety by ensuring site compliance to all statutory labour, safety, health and environmental regulations. Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are being met by supporting and participating in regular Health and Safety meetings
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 12 years working experience in a busy manufacturing setup, two of which must be in a management position.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of production planning, quality assurance procedures and equipment maintenance.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to maintain staffing levels at an appropriate level
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without supervision as well as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, team building and oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with paying attention to detail.
- Solid computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Understanding the materials forming technologies (welding, deep drawing, rolling) treatment and both destructive and non-destructive testing of steels.
- understanding of OH&S procedures with statutory governing acts
- ability to supervise, motivate, mentor staff and discipline errand employees
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 13 February 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted